Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

This Weekend

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Pair-A-Dice

Pair-A-Dice

Far Too Much Free Time

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 348 posts
  • SASS#:5966
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse, Rock River Regulators
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 28 September 2006 - 07:46 AM

First, I would like to say thanks to Jewler Jim, Longtooth, Whip L Tree and Johnny Popper for volunteering to help set up the canopies Friday, and anyone else who iswilling to help set up the canpoies Friday!  If it works for everyone, maybe we could meet around 3pm(or whatever works best) at the range to set them up.  Please post here if you can be there, and what time.

Second, to anyone whos bring food for Saturday(besides the Two Docs), Please let me know what you are bringing so I can make sure we have coolers, etc., if needed to keep the food in.

I will need help Sunday tearing everything down!  Because I will have to drive Tequila back to the airport in Chicago to catch his flight home.

For the shooters, remember to bring lawn chairs, lunch and beverages for Saturday, your ammo and any weather related gear you may need.  We will start at 8am, so be there early enough to get your gear unloaded.

If you have any last minute questions, I can be reached on my cell 608-921-5966.  I have to pick Tequila up Friday night in Chicago at 9pm, so I will be up late.

I hope I have covered everything.  Looking forward to seeing all yall this weekend!

Dice :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :2gunsfiring_v1:
My friends have always been Cowboys!
"That's the truth......Give or take a lie or two!"

#2 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 28 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

Well, once again my alligator mouth has chewed up chicken a--.  Momma is going to Augustana for "parents week end" and I have to be here in the afternoon to watch her Niece's kids when they get home from school.  Perhaps I could get out there in the morning and lay it out, as that's half the battle.  After assembly of the frame I would leave it down until Sat. AM to throw the top on and raise up then.  
"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#3 Pair-A-Dice

Pair-A-Dice

Far Too Much Free Time

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 348 posts
  • SASS#:5966
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse, Rock River Regulators

Posted 28 September 2006 - 10:14 PM

JJ,
Thanks for the phone call.  What I would like to do is put the canopy on but not the legs, so it will be low to the ground.  Doc Bonecutter and Doc One Shot will be there Friday night and I will ask them to check on the canopies.

Thanks,
Dice
My friends have always been Cowboys!
"That's the truth......Give or take a lie or two!"

#4 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:31 AM

Dice,

DD and I will get the canopies set with the legs unattached.  The covers will be in the shed and you know where the key is to open it up.  All they'll have to do is put the top on and raise it up.

jeweler jim

#5 Lawman Wolf

Lawman Wolf

Wolf Gang

• Good Guys Posse
  • 486 posts
  • SASS#:49977
  • Home SASS Club:Walcos Raiders, Good Guys Posse

Posted 29 September 2006 - 05:59 AM

Im available to help set up and again later Sunday afternoon, if you need any help just holler.
SASS#49977, Goodguys Posse #50
NRA,WCPA,WAHI,WFFA

Only God forgives, our mission is to simply arrange the meeting.

You're a Daisy if you do.

Wolf   Gang

#6 Dastardly Dan

Dastardly Dan

Far Too Much Free Time

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 649 posts
  • SASS#:54181
  • Home SASS Club:GGP

Posted 29 September 2006 - 06:31 AM

I'll be able to hang around and help with the tear-down whatever it amounts to. =@
The marbles run out faster as you get older so HURRY UP AND GIT ER DONE!!

#7 Holly Moon

Holly Moon

Trail Boss

• Good Guys Posse
  • 50 posts
  • SASS#:67693
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:32 AM

I can help with the "take down & put away" efforts too.
Happy Trails!

#8 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 29 September 2006 - 11:46 AM

DD and I set up the frames this AM so all that has to be done is put the tops on and raise the top on to the legs.

Please do us a favor and when you tear it down, just take the top off the frame and leave the frame and legs out without taking it apart.  DD and I plan on going back out there during the week and drilling small holes in the frame sections and putting sheet metal screws to hold it together.  If you haven't put it together a couple of times it's a pain in the rear to do.  If we put the sections together permanently it will be easier to put together no matter who does it.  Just take it apart at end of season or store the long sections in the trailer with the other posts for the trailer wings.

jeweler jim

#9 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch

Posted 29 September 2006 - 08:59 PM

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:  :oops:
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

#10 Saguaro Kid

Saguaro Kid

Stick It In Your Ear

• Rough Riders
  • 1,257 posts
  • SASS#:29452
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse

Posted 29 September 2006 - 09:00 PM

Fine job JJ, I bet that saved a whole bunch of work.

8P  :diablo:  :doh:  :2gunsfiring_v1:  :rofl:

SK
The last thing a guy wants to do, is the last thing he does.
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#11 Longtooth

Longtooth

Rode hard and put away wet one to many times

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Horses,guns and custom leather work for cowboy shooters and horse trainers.
  • SASS#:47562

Posted 30 September 2006 - 03:57 AM

Good shooting to all the shooters taking the course. I hope the weather cooperates. To DD and JJ you are the best. I was all set to take the ride after we had breakfast. Thank you!! :clapping:  :clapping:  

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more.
You should never wish to do less.
Posted Image

#12 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:26 AM

I was informed last night that DD and I put the frames together incorrectly and caused more work instead of less.  One more vote for drilling and screwing the frames together partially assembled so I don't get the oppertunity to "help out" again.

jeweler jim

#13 dd

dd

• 7,134 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:47 AM

I will write on the blackboard 500 times  -

I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. ................................
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

ISRA Life

#14 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 07:58 AM

View Postdd, on Sep 30 2006, 08:47 AM, said:

I will write on the blackboard 500 times  -

I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. I will not touch the canopies again. ................................
Now this is what I'm talking about.  Doesn't look like 500 to me.  How can I be expected to assemble something when my helper can't count to 500?  I had to spent all my time trying to supervise and finally gave up.

jeweler jim

#15 Leadfoot Lizzie

Leadfoot Lizzie

Shootist

• Good Guys Posse
  • 133 posts
  • Interests:Shooting, Sports and Anything Fun.
  • SASS#:50411 L

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:20 AM

WOW!!! You Cowboys are great!!!! Way to go JJ settting it up wrong :rofl: .....are you sure you didnt bother DD and thats why he messed up??? hehehe....... i vote DD is in the clear  :innocent: and JJ dont forget I'm just playin' with you since I wont be home for another week  :rolleyes:

Have Fun Cowboys and Cowgirls I'll see you at the Oct. 8th Sunday Shoot!!!!

:usabig:

p.s. JJ even though its been a while since my last shoot don't expect me to go to easy on you I plan to beat you at at least one stage  :2gunsfiring_v1:
"Boots, chaps and cowboy hats... nothin' else matters."

*-Leadfoot Lizzie-*

#16 dd

dd

• 7,134 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:30 AM

View Postjeweler jim, on Sep 30 2006, 08:58 AM, said:

Now this is what I'm talking about.  Doesn't look like 500 to me.  How can I be expected to assemble something when my helper can't count to 500?  I had to spent all my time trying to supervise and finally gave up.

Sorry, I ran out of fingers and toes. A math wizard I'm not!
~dd~

Posted Image

ISRA Life

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.