Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Showdown in Purgatory 07

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pair-A-Dice

Pair-A-Dice

Far Too Much Free Time

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 348 posts
  • SASS#:5966
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse, Rock River Regulators
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:27 PM

With the good news that I have gotten about my cancer problems (NO CHEMO!)  I have convinced a couple of yankees to head south with me!

Big Grit, Doc Thunder and myself are going to the Showdown in Purgatory!  This is my old club in Mississippi, called the Mississippi Peacemakers. (mississippipeacemakers.com)  April 20,21 and 22, 2007 in Mendenhall, MS.

Any takers can contact me for details.  Confederate English will be spoken there.  "Yellar" flags might be seen!  
They are also having the "Mississippi Black Powder Shootout", which IS OPEN to out of state contestants.  Yall might win a buckle.

Always good food, good friends and lots of gun powder will be burnt!

Dice
My friends have always been Cowboys!
"That's the truth......Give or take a lie or two!"

#2 Blue Moon Johnny

Blue Moon Johnny

Shootist

• Good Guys Posse
  • 147 posts
  • SASS#:58815
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guy Posse
  • RO Qualification:ROI

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:48 AM

:usabig:   That (No Chemo) is good news Dice!   Good luck on your shootin' foray in Mississippi!
Lifetime NRA

#3 Lawman Wolf

Lawman Wolf

Wolf Gang

• Good Guys Posse
  • 486 posts
  • SASS#:49977
  • Home SASS Club:Walcos Raiders, Good Guys Posse
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

That's great news Dice. :yahoo:

Edited by Lawman Wolf, 13 March 2007 - 09:01 AM.

SASS#49977, Goodguys Posse #50
NRA,WCPA,WAHI,WFFA

Only God forgives, our mission is to simply arrange the meeting.

You're a Daisy if you do.

Wolf   Gang

#4 Tex Hewitt

Tex Hewitt

Shootist

• Good Guys Posse
  • 149 posts
  • SASS#:38145
  • Home SASS Club:Bristol Plaines Pistolaros

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:16 AM

Great New Dice!  Looks good on ya.

Ya know, this is another chance to practice your teaching skills!  I mean, here ya will have all these fellers in a car for a few hours, why not edumacate em in the gentle art of southern Speech. Ya can learn em their Ya'alls, and fixin to's, explane what having a hankerin' means. Show them the difference tween a piece and a far piece.

Why, by the time ya'al gets down yonder, they will be right able ta communicate with the locals. Course, their Damn Yanky accents will still stand out some, but they will at least understand when someone speaks to em'. :w00t:

#5 Kidd Casey

Kidd Casey

Far Too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 275 posts
  • SASS#:73080
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse

Posted 13 March 2007 - 04:22 PM

AND DON'T FORGET WHEN YOUR ABOUT A HUNDRED MILES AWAY AND THEY ASK "ARE WE THERE YET" JUST KEEP TELLING THEM "IT'S JUST UP THE ROAD A BIT " SURE GLAD YOUR DOING FINE . :cowboy1:   K.C.
Kidd Casey

REMEMBER  .....  BELIEVE AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE !!!

#6 Saguaro Kid

Saguaro Kid

Stick It In Your Ear

• Rough Riders
  • 1,257 posts
  • SASS#:29452

Posted 13 March 2007 - 05:53 PM

Wow Dice, that's great news! Have a fun and safe trip down south. Guess I can stop holding your knife hostage now.

SK
The last thing a guy wants to do, is the last thing he does.
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
ISP Certified Concealed Carry Instructor

#7 Push the Button Wyatt

Push the Button Wyatt

Deacon

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 1,979 posts
  • SASS#:46657

Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:31 PM

That sure is good news Dice.Have a safe trip South.I was down that way a zillon years ago.At that time there were some there who still didn't think the civil war was over,Also met some swell folks.I remember also they had a meal they called "Pulled Pork" that i really liked.

#8 Ugly

Ugly

Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, shooting, gardening, fishing, reading.
  • SASS#:18106
  • Home SASS Club:Plainfield

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

Great news Dice!  I'm happy for you and yours.  Have a good road trip with the guys. :yahoo:
Posted Image
Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.

#9 Grizzly Clark

Grizzly Clark

Trail Boss

• Good Guys Posse
  • 94 posts
  • SASS#:29594
  • Home SASS Club:West Plains Waddies, Good Guys Posse

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

And more of the same from me.  I sure am glad to hear about the chemo - or lack there of.

Great news Dice.

Take care, and have a GREAT trip.

Griz

#10 Longtooth

Longtooth

Rode hard and put away wet one to many times

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Horses,guns and custom leather work for cowboy shooters and horse trainers.
  • SASS#:47562
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:30 PM

Diceman,

Happy to hear that the situation is not as bad as anticipated. Wish I could make the trip it should be a lot of fun.

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more.
You should never wish to do less.
Posted Image

#11 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:03 PM

When would the bus be leaving?
"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#12 Pair-A-Dice

Pair-A-Dice

Far Too Much Free Time

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 348 posts
  • SASS#:5966
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse, Rock River Regulators

Posted 16 March 2007 - 11:57 AM

Jim,
I hope I answered all your questions with our phone call yesterday.  Hope you can make it.

For any one else interested in going to the Showdown, here is the story I'm sticking to:
Leave from Janesville early Thursday (19th) morning because of the 12 plus hour drive.  Arrive in Mendenhall early enough to go by the range before dark just for a look-see at everything.  Stop at the "Country Fisherman" (70 plus item seafood buffet w/2 tables of homemade deserts) over eat then go to hotel (10 minutes from the range) and sleep!  

Get up Friday morning go to range and shoot side matches (all day for $10.00).  BS alot, shop and go back to Country Fisherman, do same again, go to hotel and sleep.

Get up Saturday, go to range and shoot.  Go to hotel, get ready for banquet, go there BS, socialize, and drive Grit and Doc back to hotel.

Sunday get up go shoot and maybe eat a salad (yeah, right) go to hotel sleep and get ready to drive back to Janesville Monday morning.

If any one is interested in making the trip let me know.
Dice

PS: Jimbayla and his wife are supposed to shoot there this weekend on their way back from New Orleans.  You can ask him how much fun he had!
My friends have always been Cowboys!
"That's the truth......Give or take a lie or two!"

#13 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH

Posted 16 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

I am very jealous as I just counted my change in the Hlinkey & Schmidt jug and it ain't enough.  Plus to much other crap to attend to around the two houses this spring.  

Projects are the real issues because I know I can always find the spare change to do stuff if I really want to.  Please take lots of pictures for the web site.  

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#14 Muddy Gap Shootist

Muddy Gap Shootist

SHOOTIST of the finest kind

• Good Guys Posse
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Cowboy action shooting, hunting, fishing, camping, table tennis, tennis, drum & bugle corps, the old west, coin-collecting, antiquing, shooting in general, my family

Am now a Certified NRA Refuse to be a Victim instructor. Have also completed the following NRA instructor courses: Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Home Firearm Safety, and am a Chief Range Safety Officer. Have also taken the student Personal Protection in the Home course. Am on the Board of Directors of the Teller County Shooting Society which is our new shooting range and am in charge of marketing, advertising, membership, and safety.
  • SASS#:57494
  • Home SASS Club:Colorado Cowboys; Lake George, CO

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:48 PM

Dice, cannot tell you just how happy I am for you.  You have my best wishes and God speed for an excellent shoot down in your homeland.  They've been shootin' all winter out here in Idyho (that's southern for Idaho).  However, was out prospecting and herniated a disc in my lower back so I won't be shootin' anything till summer.

Anyway, very very pleased you have overcome the evil C and you are back on the road again.  Hopefully our paths will cross in the future............
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked across your grave..."

"... I'm afraid the strain was just too much for him to bare..."

THE Muddy Gap Shootist

NRA Life, Patron, and Golden Eagles Member
Colorado Department of Wildlife Bear Aware Team
Merit Badge Counselor for Boy Scouts of America
Member, Pikes Peak Sustainable Business Network

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.