Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

ILL. State SASS Tourn. a Success

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Sgt Scattergun

Sgt Scattergun

Shootist

• Good Guys Posse
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:SASS Life /RO II<br />NRA Benefactor Life / Instructor <br />Rangemaster NROI/USPSA<br />CRO IROA<br />Veteran
  • SASS#:47190 Life
  • Home SASS Club:GGP / White Mnt. Old West Shootists
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:24 PM

A bunch of us from the local shooting family were amoung 165 Cowpokes who attended The ILL. State SASS Championship this past weekend in Staunton. Nice side matches, 10 excellent stages, lots of vendors, good food served up by The Lyons Club and a 1st rate banquet held at a neighbor trap club (300 attended). This was the best banquet I've seen so far. Folks, the Weather could not have been better! Sunny skies, cool mornings topping out at 80 w/ low humidity. The home club put alot of effort into props, stage design and shooter support. 2 things, I believe, helped the match to run fast & smooth. #1: All 10 stages required the same ammo, 10 rifle, 10 pistol & 4 + shotgun. Everyone knew what to load and you knew ya'll could re-engage the shotgun targets which were all....wait for it......all Knock Down! Yup, helped me a bit. #2: A posse marshall was on hand at all stages to read the walk through and answer any questions. He would then step back and let the posse run the stage. This eliminated posses looking for clarification or misinterpreting instructions. I couldn't make Sparta the last 2 years but I'm sure glad I made this match.  
If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.