Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

SASS in N.E. Arizona

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sgt Scattergun

Sgt Scattergun

Shootist

• Good Guys Posse
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:SASS Life /RO II<br />NRA Benefactor Life / Instructor <br />Rangemaster NROI/USPSA<br />CRO IROA<br />Veteran
  • SASS#:47190 Life
  • Home SASS Club:GGP / White Mnt. Old West Shootists
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 20 October 2007 - 11:27 PM

:gunslinger: Howdy from Arizona pards. North East Arizona that is....about 7,000 ft. up in the beautiful White Mountains. First, Congrats on your 1st match at Dry Gulch, which I've read was a great success. It's what I would expect from the GGP.  Most of the significant SASS shooting, in Az.,  goes on near Phoenix and Tucson. Today I had the pleasure of shooting with a small club in Taylor, "The White Mountain Old West Shootists". They shoot on a very nice range with a small mountain as a back stop. Nice targets, ample steel and they only set up 2 stages. They form 2 posses and each posse shoots 3 different courses on the same stage. Target engagement & target selection change while the steel remains in the same place. The posses then switch resulting in 6 stages shot. We then do a partial tear down and have a "man on man" shoot off.  Everybody helps set up & tear down. This system works well with a small club. The typical SASS friendly, work together atitude is alive & well here. I had a good time, and.....yes Longtooth, they do, do sweeps.
If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If you're reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

#2 Longtooth

Longtooth

Rode hard and put away wet one to many times

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Horses,guns and custom leather work for cowboy shooters and horse trainers.
  • SASS#:47562
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch

Posted 21 October 2007 - 07:16 PM

Glad your having a good time and meeting new friends.

Love them sweeps.

Stay in touch

:gunfighter:

Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more.
You should never wish to do less.
Posted Image

#3 Ugly

Ugly

Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, shooting, gardening, fishing, reading.
  • SASS#:18106
  • Home SASS Club:Plainfield

Posted 22 October 2007 - 10:38 AM

Hey Roger, glad to hear you're settling in and finding clubs to shoot at.  You'll have to make plans to get down to Winter Range; it's really worth the trip.  Take care, say "Hi" to Mary; hope to see ya down the trail somewheres.
Posted Image
Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.

#4 Huckleberry

Huckleberry

Far Too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:The picture is of my brother & I. I was 4yrs old and as we all know it takes a more experienced shooter to shoot Duelist and so I am getting the hang of 2 handed Traditional hold.
    Now Denny, ya did say a picture in my best clothes...rite
  • SASS#:43860
  • Home SASS Club:Cowboy Way

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:38 AM

Roger, I've been wondering how your move and settiling in went and glad to hear from you. Post some pictures of your new homestead and all. Take care Pard.
:cowboy1: Huck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.