Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Great Outdoors Festival

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Doc Bonecutter

Doc Bonecutter

Cowpoke

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • SASS#:21133

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

I just got off the phone with Hipshot--he is not gonna make it this year to Oshkosh on Aug. 22-24 for the Great Outdoors Festival.  He asked if we would be willing to do it and I told him we would.

The Great Outdoors Festival is an opportunity to try out guns, ATVs, bows, 4-wheelers, etc.  There are vendors as well and they have had as many as 75,000 people come through over the 3 day weekend.

We do Cowboy Action Shooting demos--typically 3 times a day so that leaves lots of time to watch the exhibition shooters (Tom Knapp, Pat Flanagan, Byron Ferguson) and wander around.

This is a great opportunity to help promote our sport and we sure could use the help!

Drop me a line if you can be there any (or all!) of those days.  Housing is available.

Doc Bonecutter

#2 Doc Bonecutter

Doc Bonecutter

Cowpoke

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • SASS#:21133

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

I'm still pretty shy on help (as in me and Coppertop are the only ones so far.....)

anybody interested in helping?

Doc

#3 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 05 August 2008 - 05:42 AM

Unfortunately that's the week end of our match and I believe the WI state match.  That's going to make your pickings kinda slim.  

To all who aren't going to the state match please pitch in and give Doc a hand.  Were it not for our match I'd make it up there and I really want to make it one of these times as I still haven't been able to attend yet.  

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.