Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Congrats to Turkey Legs!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Muddy Gap Shootist

Muddy Gap Shootist

SHOOTIST of the finest kind

• Good Guys Posse
  • 386 posts
  • Interests:Cowboy action shooting, hunting, fishing, camping, table tennis, tennis, drum & bugle corps, the old west, coin-collecting, antiquing, shooting in general, my family

Am now a Certified NRA Refuse to be a Victim instructor. Have also completed the following NRA instructor courses: Basic Pistol, Basic Rifle, Home Firearm Safety, and am a Chief Range Safety Officer. Have also taken the student Personal Protection in the Home course. Am on the Board of Directors of the Teller County Shooting Society which is our new shooting range and am in charge of marketing, advertising, membership, and safety.
  • SASS#:57494
  • Home SASS Club:Colorado Cowboys; Lake George, CO
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 04 November 2008 - 12:33 AM

Just got the November issue of "The Cowboy Chronicle."   Quite a write up on this match.  Noticed in the listing of winners where Turkey Legs was the Ladies Modern champ.  Way to go TL!!    :clapping:

Also noticed where Mud Marine received an award for best dressed military...    :usabig:

Hey, next time anybody comes clear out to WY, swing on down to southern Colorado and I'll take you to one of the three matches I get to shoot in my neck of the woods, errrr, mountains!
"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked across your grave..."

"... I'm afraid the strain was just too much for him to bare..."

THE Muddy Gap Shootist

NRA Life, Patron, and Golden Eagles Member
Colorado Department of Wildlife Bear Aware Team
Merit Badge Counselor for Boy Scouts of America
Member, Pikes Peak Sustainable Business Network

#2 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH

Posted 04 November 2008 - 07:11 AM

TL has certainly distinguished herself.  Now if the ortho people could just square away her shoulders she wouldn't have to consider my four pistol duelist category.

Not near the honors of some of her other accomplishments, but she would have had Top Gun Ladies at our range this year if she would have made the last shoot.  All she had to do was register and not even fire a round, but if'n she couldn't compete she wouldn't do it just to take the award.    

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#3 Turkey Legs

Turkey Legs

Shootist

• Good Guys Posse
  • 117 posts
  • SASS#:48384
  • Home SASS Club:Turkey Ville

Posted 08 November 2008 - 08:00 AM

MGS,
I can tell you this is one great shoot. We have been going for the past 5 years and plan on going again this year. The whole "cowboy" atmosphere I think is what makes this shoot. The people who run it (I don't know how) but they seem to remember who keeps coming back. I did see and talk to Mud Marine - who is loving traveling from shoot to shoot.

Jim,
The ortho said that within the next 3 to 4 weeks he will be operating on my shoulder - has to fix three different problems (man once you hit 29  :whistling: things just seem to develop) then it is on with the therapy. Since Magoo and I are having the same proceeder we both may be giving you a run for your money in the 4 pistol duelist catagory  :gunfighter: .

TL  :cool:
Turkey Legs

#4 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH

Posted 08 November 2008 - 03:45 PM

TL,

Three words for you...  TAKE THE DRUGS!

If anyone hears from or about Magoo please post something on the website.  I just checked and its been a while since his last visit to the website so I don't see a PM getting to him in a timely fashion.  I believe that he's had his surgery already and should hopefully be at the point where the drugs are not as necessary as they are the first three days after.  

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.