Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

SASS Scholarship Shoot

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 06 July 2009 - 07:40 AM

As Bristol is running their special :shellssm1:  "Throwdown Match"  :shellssm1: on Aug. 30th, we will run the Scholarship Shoot on the 29th.  No sense competing with each other.  Dice and I will be putting our heads together to come up with what we think will be a good shoot, but you know how convoluted those "Southern Boys" can be, so it might be worth coming out just to see which of us is still standing.  

Seriously, as this is the first time we're doing this I would like to hear from the posse as to any suggestions they might have regarding the shoot.  :clapping:  

On another note we are now hoping to get the splatter shields up between stages by the next shoot and this will hopefully eliminate what remains of any problems with that issue.  Improvements happen as the shoots provide the capital to make the improvements.  :good:  

Thank you to Stoney Mike for another good shoot last Saturday.  Managed to hold off the rain till we were done so I'm thinking we use him when Coot ain't available.  Without his and Dice's urging I wouldn't have put the cart together. :mr47_04:  

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#2 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 10:34 AM

:oops: Well I had a nice copy all set for post and then I deleted it somehow... :crazy:

Let me try this again.  With a little luck we should have some flyers announcing the scholarship shoot at our next regular shoot this week end.  This year has seen competition from many fronts regarding our shoots so please take a few flyers with you to other shoots and help get our attendance up for the charity shoot.   :clapping:  

Also, any appropriate door prizes will be happily accepted for this shoot (the charity shoot).  We'll be announcing other goodies as they firm up and get added to the mix.  Believe that DD should be posting our stages for the next shoot today and the next issue of the Gazette will probably come out after this next week end.  

jeweler jim

#3 Pair-A-Dice

Pair-A-Dice

Far Too Much Free Time

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 348 posts
  • SASS#:5966
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse, Rock River Regulators
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 22 July 2009 - 08:53 PM

I have some Josey Wales stages we might try!  "You boys gonna pull them pistols or WHISTLE DIXIE?!!!"
My friends have always been Cowboys!
"That's the truth......Give or take a lie or two!"

#4 Johnny Popper

Johnny Popper

Far Too Much Free Time

• Administrators
  • 861 posts
  • SASS#:50419
  • Home SASS Club:GGP

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:11 PM

Or the ever popular You boys gonna pull them WHISTLES or PISTOL DIXIE??!! :whistling:

JP :rofl:

The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

There is more that one way to skin a cat..............

Man! There are a lot of naked cats running around here!!
.... me ....

#5 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 12:24 PM

I wish to confirm the rumor that one of the side match prizes is a

HALF OZ. PLUS GOLD NUGGET

That the gentlemen shooters could put on their watch fobs or the ladies could wear as a pendant (if your chain is strong enough to carry a half ouncer).  

"There's gold at that there match!"

jeweler jim

#6 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:37 PM

Let's see.... at $1000 an ounce, that would be worth about $500 unless it's that same stuff you sold to me.  :pokey: :pokey:
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

#7 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

Sorry DD, but this will be 14kt and as such the "melt value" will be in the neighborhood of three hundred bucks.  That being said, it is in the process of being manufactured and I can tell you that retail would probably run between six and a thousand, depending on where and who you had it made by and then purchased.

We'll have to post some pictures after I get it done.  My gold smith is sometimes a little slow and I made the mistake of telling him I needed it by the end of next month.  

P.S.  Pure 24kt would be too soft to wear.  

jeweler jim

#8 Push the Button Wyatt

Push the Button Wyatt

Deacon

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 1,979 posts
  • SASS#:46657
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse

Posted 23 July 2009 - 06:48 PM

A manufactured gold nugget??????????, And here i thought mother nature manufactured gold nuggets.I think JJ has been salting the mines again. :whistling:

#9 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:08 PM

Hard to solder a bail to an ore sample...

jeweler jim

#10 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch

Posted 23 July 2009 - 08:47 PM

Just for clarification if you don't know the details, the SASS Scholarship Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt corporation whose sole purpose is to provide financial assistance in the form of scholarships to deserving SASS members in pursuit of higher education. I believe that Justice Lilly Kate is deeply involved in the program.
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

#11 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 26 July 2009 - 06:51 PM

Tomorrow or the next at the latest I'll post a better explanation about how the side matches will be run and the prizes for each. :clapping:

Currently a little rough around the edges  :wacko: and don't know if I would make much sense trying to explain tonight.  

Also, had DD take the nugget pendant so I believe that we can expect a picture posted here within the next couple of days. My efforts with a camera just didn't work real well.  At least we got some positive comments about the little bauble at the shoot today.  For those that saw it today, it couldn't hurt to pass on what you think :w00t:  to the shooters who were unable to attend today.    

jeweler jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.