Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Prizes...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:17 PM

Thought I'd start a new thread and make excuses... :whistling: Well sorta anyway.

I've never received any awards for my organizational skills. :thumbdown:  

As this is our first effort at a charity event; we've come to find that you need to start looking for sponsors a year in advance.  It is our intention to create as much proceeds for the scholarship fund as we can and this means that the awards, other than bragging rights,  :gunfighter: will be limited.  No trophies, no belt buckles and no new car from government motors.  All the monies are going back to SASS and all the side match prizes along with a number of things to be given away at the check in the day of the shoot are donations.  Perhaps we'll do better with class awards and other goodies next year as we'll have the experience under our belt, more time to organize and perhaps a few more volunteers and contributions.  

Thinking back on our history we are lucky to even have our home range and the benevolent landlord that we have.  We continue to try and improve the range, but thought that running the shoot now instead of waiting until we were closer to finishing any and all of the building projects would be better than not holding the shoot at all.  I was asked what the number or goal (dollar wise) was that I'm looking for and my answer was "as much as we can get."  We would hope the all the posse members would at least talk up the shoot  :clapping:  if they can or can't attend.  Further, if you can't make it and want to donate to the SASS Scholarship Fund you can pass the monies along to be put in the donation jar that we'll have at the range that day or mail in a check made out to "SASS Scholarship Foundation" and we'll pass it on with the proceeds from the shoot.

Either I, Dice or DD will do our best to answer any questions regarding the shoot and/or the side matches.  My daughter (Leadfoot Lizzie) just shoved a copy of the letter from SASS to her college with the check for two thousand ($2,000.00) under my nose and in total over the years my kids and Dice's "Pumpkin" have received over ten thousand to date.  Tends to make you understand why we feel the way we do about trying to payback a little. :yahoo:

Thanks for your support thus far and see you at the next shoot.    

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#2 Ugly

Ugly

Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 643 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, shooting, gardening, fishing, reading.
  • SASS#:18106
  • Home SASS Club:Plainfield

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Jim, are you or D.D. or Dice going to be at Beloit this weekend?
If so, I have something I'd like to contribute and I can hand it off there.
Posted Image
Witnessing the Republicans and the Democrats bicker over the U.S. debt is like watching two drunks argue over a bar bill on the Titanic.

#3 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:28 PM

I'm planning on being there sir.  All Premiums gladly accepted.

jeweler jim

#4 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:23 AM

Thanks for the premiums sir!

You're a gentleman and a scholar, but then I'm a poor judge of character.  

jeweler jim

#5 Filthy Harry

Filthy Harry

Far Too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 244 posts
  • SASS#:24924
  • Home SASS Club:GGP, Rock River Regulators

Posted 06 August 2009 - 01:21 PM

Father Jim, I've got a question. Are there going to be classes at the Scholarship shoot like a regular match or can I leave my B-Mexican costume at home and be Filthy again.

#6 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:09 PM

To the best of my understanding the main match will be the same as any of our other shoots regarding classes.  

jeweler jim

#7 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 06 August 2009 - 08:53 PM

The Scholarship Shoot will not be considered in the GGP Class Championship competition as it is separate from our normal schedule. You can shoot any legal SASS class you qualify for and it will not effect any standings in the Class Championship. So have fun!

I'm starting to wonder about some of the "poker" games JJ is having for the side matches. I got a brief look at the "cards" he is using.

fail_owned_playing_card_fail.jpg
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

#8 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 06:50 AM

View Postdd, on Aug 6 2009, 09:53 PM, said:

The Scholarship Shoot will not be considered in the GGP Class Championship competition as it is separate from our normal schedule. You can shoot any legal SASS class you qualify for and it will not effect any standings in the Class Championship. So have fun!

I'm starting to wonder about some of the "poker" games JJ is having for the side matches. I got a brief look at the "cards" he is using.

Attachment fail_own...ard_fail.jpg

Have you not heard the phrase, "eighty-sixing something"?

jeweler jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.