Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Email addresses

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:41 AM

I know it irritates me to drive to a match only to have it canceled at the last minute. So, every time there is a GGP match cancelation due to weather, we endeavor to make an early decision, promptly post it on the website and send notification to all on our email list. But every time there is someone that doesn't receive notification and it creates hard feelings.

There are several things you can do to avoid driving out to the range only to be turned back.
  • Register on the website and keep your email listing current.
  • Enter your email address on your score sheet so SK can keep his records updated.
  • Email your email address to me at webslinger@goodguysposse.org

We use three system to notify folks of problems or changes - website bulk mail, SK's scoresheet list and the records I keep. You may get mail from all three but better three than none when a match has been canceled. But if one system is down, you are still covered.

Hope this helps!
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

#2 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:07 AM

+1

With the two cancellations we've had this year I have gone out to the range to sit at the end of the driveway to turn away shooters that might not get the notice.  In both cases I have had shooters show up only to be disappointed by the fact that they have driven a far distance to come to the shoot (in one instance from Iowa).  After leaving the driveway a little before 9AM the first time we had someone show up and try to drive back and almost get stuck in the mud of the road.  This time I stayed until 9:30 before leaving to prevent that.

I have a thermos of coffee, my cigars and usually some reading material so it's tolerable sitting there.  But please check the web site or call someone without the computer if you know of anyone that is not hooked up to the web site.  

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.