Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Never to early to start promoting the shoot...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:26 PM

I'm thinking that there will be another pendant / watch fob as a prize in the side matches.  My gold smith tells me that he heard a rumor to the affect that the St. Jude Shoot will have one also.  He has guaranteed me that whatever he puts together for us will TOP whatever is auctioned off at the St. Jude Shoot and ours is a prize in the side match which will be considerably cheaper for whoever wins it.

With gold running around $1,200.00 an oz. you can figure something around twenty five hundred to three thousand ($2,500 - $3,000) in retail value for the one we'll give away.

So if you look at the picture below from what we gave away last year you can figure it will be close to and/or heavier that that one.  

post-1-1248710176.jpg

Edited by dd, 09 January 2010 - 04:42 PM.
I put in the photo

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#2 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

:clapping:  :yahoo: Did I mention that there's a Scholarship Shoot planned for JULY 31ST, 2010?!  :mr47_04:  

jeweler jim

#3 Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash

A legend in his own mind.

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the financial collapse of the Illinois state government or a "night of the long knives".
  • SASS#:84621
  • Home SASS Club:RRR ♥ GGP ♣ OCA ♦ BPP ♠
  • RO Qualification:None

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:11 PM

View Postjeweler jim, on 09 January 2010 - 04:26 PM, said:

I'm thinking that there will be another pendant / watch fob as a prize in the side matches.  My gold smith tells me that he heard a rumor to the affect that the St. Jude Shoot will have one also.  He has guaranteed me that whatever he puts together for us will TOP whatever is auctioned off at the St. Jude Shoot and ours is a prize in the side match which will be considerably cheaper for whoever wins it.

With gold running around $1,200.00 an oz. you can figure something around twenty five hundred to three thousand ($2,500 - $3,000) in retail value for the one we'll give away.

So if you look at the picture below from what we gave away last year you can figure it will be close to and/or heavier that that one.  

Attachment post-1-1248710176.jpg

So when I win this one, I won't have a matching set? That almost discourages me from doing some practice shooting. :sad:

Snidely Whiplash
Looking for gold coins, preferably Canadian Maple Leafs - your gold coins, that is... Muhahaha!

#4 Chicago Outlaw Sider

Chicago Outlaw Sider

Far Too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Banks, Trains, Stage Coaches, Loose Women, Wiskey, and Fun, fishing, hunting, bow and gun also camping
  • SASS#:63575

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:40 AM

View PostSnidely Whiplash, on 10 January 2010 - 10:11 PM, said:

So when I win this one, I won't have a matching set? That almost discourages me from doing some practice shooting. :sad:

Snidely Whiplash

I say nothing, but, I say it very loudly.
God Bless, and be safe.
32 Degree Masson and Shriner
Benafactor NRA

#5 Chicago Outlaw Sider

Chicago Outlaw Sider

Far Too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Banks, Trains, Stage Coaches, Loose Women, Wiskey, and Fun, fishing, hunting, bow and gun also camping
  • SASS#:63575

Posted 16 January 2010 - 12:46 AM

Well, I thank you for the early info. Have you arange good weather? See you there.
COS
I say nothing, but, I say it very loudly.
God Bless, and be safe.
32 Degree Masson and Shriner
Benafactor NRA

#6 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 07:26 AM

Talked with Raj at Eagle Grips the other day and he just got back from Winter Range.  We'll have gift certificates from him again this year!

Shotgun Bandit made a suggestion on the poker shoot side match that we'll probably implement to speed things up. Looking for good weather and good attendance.  Stay tuned.  

jeweler jim

#7 Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash

A legend in his own mind.

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the financial collapse of the Illinois state government or a "night of the long knives".
  • SASS#:84621
  • Home SASS Club:RRR ♥ GGP ♣ OCA ♦ BPP ♠
  • RO Qualification:None

Posted 11 March 2010 - 12:18 AM

View Postjeweler jim, on 10 March 2010 - 07:26 AM, said:

Shotgun Bandit made a suggestion on the poker shoot side match that we'll probably implement to speed things up. Looking for good weather and good attendance.  Stay tuned.  

Well, since moving the target back a couple of yards would be too easy, I'm guessing the suggestion is that after each shooter takes their five shots, they are told their poker hand, and for an extra $1 per round, they can buy 1-3 cards (additional shots) to build their poker hand with. That might cause more shooters to drop out after the first round, and could generate some extra income for the scholarship fund.

Snidely Whiplash
Looking for gold coins, preferably Canadian Maple Leafs - your gold coins, that is... Muhahaha!

#8 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 29 June 2010 - 03:06 PM

Here is the nugget for 2010! I can't read JJ's writing so he'll have to jump in here and tell you the particulars on it. But it's BEAUTIFUL!!

2010-Nugget.jpg

Exact weight is 9.85 DWT (That's fifteen hundredths of a penny weight off of a half ounce.)  
And 1.04 Carats of diamond.  

Edited by jeweler jim, 02 July 2010 - 08:07 AM.

~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

#9 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

It's a teeny, tiny, skosh under a 1/2 oz of 14kt gold and over a carat of diamonds.  Can't remember :unsure:  the exact weights, but the next time I see it again I'll edit this reply with exact numbers.

Also, we are starting to get donations of premiums to be given away at the shoot.  So if you have something appropriate to donate let one of the RR's know and/or bring it to the July shoot which is a week before the charity shoot.  

jeweler jim

#10 dd

dd

Gnome, gnome on the range!

• Webslinger & Rough Rider
  • 7,134 posts
  • SASS#:27228
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse at Dry Gulch Ranch
  • RO Qualification:ROII Inst.

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:15 AM

270915355_c8b9ae48e6.jpg
~dd~

Posted Image

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson
Guns have only two enemies - rust and politicians.

1911........Much faster than 911

ISRA Life
NRA Life Benefactor, NRA Golden Eagles
NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA Certified Personal Protection Outside the Home Instructor
Illinois State Police Certified CCW Instructor
SASS Certified RO II Instructor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.