Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

We didn't get it in today...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:06 PM

Well Coot failed us. :sad:   Went out and sat at the end of the driveway going into the range today just in case anybody didn't get the message.  Didn't want anyone to try and go out there and end up tearing up the road or worse getting stuck.  We had mist, fog and a little light rain while we sat there.  I suppose the die hard shooters could have done it, but I don't think the road would have stood up to the traffic without having to come back and do repairs.  

This is the first time that I've sat out there when the shoot has been called that nobody showed up. I think we might have everybody checking the web site first which is a good thing.  Denny came with and we drank a thermos of coffee between 7AM and 8:50 when we left to meet some of the other rough riders for a late breakfast.  Anyone ever watch Dice eat over a dozen roasted jalapeno peppers with his eggs  :diablo: (besides the ones that were cut up in the omelet)?

We won't be rescheduling any of the monthly shoots that don't go off because the short notice makes it difficult to contact the neighbors/farmers to let them know as they don't want to be working the fields if we're shooting.  Would be nice if it could be done in a fast or convenient way, but sometimes people are out of town and it just doesn't give a way to get it done in a timely fashion where we know that all would be contacted and things in place by the time of a reschedule date.

The end of next month finds me with the kids graduating college  :yahoo: and my son and I attending the St. Jude shoot :2gunsfiring_v1:  as it's right there close to where they go to college (Augustana College in Rock Island IL.).  I'm sure the rest of the Rough Riders will get things handled just fine.  As I now have only Sundays open for shooting I guess I won't be seeing most of you until our June match.  

Till then the web site will have to do. :cowboy1:

"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.