Welcome to the Good Guys Posse Hitching Post!

Welcome! Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information. Take advantage of it immediately, Register Now or Sign In.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Download Match Schedules and Scores
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Add events to our community calendar
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

GGP Scholarship Match Story in Nov. Cowboy Chronicle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Snidely Whiplash

Snidely Whiplash

A legend in his own mind.

• Members
  • 449 posts
  • Interests:Waiting for the financial collapse of the Illinois state government or a "night of the long knives".
  • SASS#:84621
  • Home SASS Club:RRR ♥ GGP ♣ OCA ♦ BPP ♠
  • RO Qualification:None

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

I just got to page 73 of the November Cowboy Chronicle today and noticed some familiar faces. At first I thought this was due to my hanging around the post office and reading the Wanted posters while waiting for my Wisconsin concealed carry permit to show up, but then subtle clues (such as the article's title in large red letters Good Guys Posse's Second And A Half Annual SASS Scholarship Shoot) led me to realize it was Jeweler Jim's write-up about the Good Guys Posse's Second And A Half Annual SASS Scholarship Shoot.

Jim managed to mention the winners of the main match, Krooked River Outlaw, and Turkey Legs, as well as the winner of the main prize, Johnny Popper, who snagged the gold&diamonds pendant/watch fob and some of the other prizes. There were several pictures accompanying the article and I'm sure it was a Chronicle editor who edited out the mention and photos of Snidely Whiplash.

A job well done, JJ!

Snidely

Edited by Snidely Whiplash, 11 November 2011 - 11:55 PM.

Looking for gold coins, preferably Canadian Maple Leafs - your gold coins, that is... Muhahaha!

#2 jeweler jim

jeweler jim

Posse Whipping Boy

• Rough Rider Emeritus
  • 3,991 posts
  • SASS#:50409 L
  • Home SASS Club:GOOD GUYS POSSE / DRY GULCH RANCH
  • RO Qualification:ROII

Posted 12 November 2011 - 07:41 AM

Page 67 sir, the second half of the article is page 73.  Also, let's not tell anyone I've been on the forum.  Had some ER eye surgery on Monday and if Nurse Crachett finds out I've been here she'll double my meds and give me he!!  Suppose to wander around with my chin on my chest until at least two weeks after surgery.  
"No Good Deed Shall Go Unpunished"

jeweler jim

#3 Hopalong Strong

Hopalong Strong

Shootist

• Rough Riders
  • 140 posts
  • Interests:Making medieval armour. Researching arms and armour. Restoring antique guns.
  • SASS#:91251
  • Home SASS Club:Good Guys Posse and Bristol Plains Pistoleros

Posted 13 November 2011 - 08:13 PM

It was the first thing I opened to when I looked at the Chronicle. I had to do a double take and make sure it was us Good Guys. I loved the article.

#4 Chicago Outlaw Sider

Chicago Outlaw Sider

Far Too Much Free Time

• Good Guys Posse
  • 203 posts
  • Interests:Banks, Trains, Stage Coaches, Loose Women, Wiskey, and Fun, fishing, hunting, bow and gun also camping
  • SASS#:63575

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:09 AM

Jim nicely done Sir and thank you for showing Kid Mike. Hope the eye is doing Ok.
COS  :clapping:
I say nothing, but, I say it very loudly.
God Bless, and be safe.
32 Degree Masson and Shriner
Benafactor NRA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This website is subsidized by Good Guys Posse, Inc. as a service to No. Ill & So. Wis. Cowboy Action Shooters™. Good Guys Posse, Inc. is a non-profit, SASS and NRA affiliated Cowboy Action Shooting™ club. We can be contacted at 1 Wooded Lane, Hawthorn Woods, IL 60047. All material posted on this forum is the sole responsibility of the author. Good Guys Posse, Inc. has no control over its content. All website structure, modifications and skins are Copyright © 2006 Denny Granger, excluding the prior Copyrights of Invision Power Services, Inc. Good Guys Posse Cowboy skin by dd.