<br />
ISRA Thursday Bulletin - November 5, 2015
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
[font='Times New Roman']EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font] <br />
<br />
Last Saturday night a would-be robber entered a store on Chicago's Southside. He threatened a clerk and when another employee appeared, the robber pointed the gun at her and ordered her to the back of the store, which serves as a currency exchange. At that moment an armed concealed carry license holder opened fire and killed the would-be robber. Everyone else was ok. The robber had an extensive criminal history - no plea bargains this time. No charges are expected against the concealed carry holder.<br />
<br />
The good news about all of this is that other felons or wanna-be felons just got a message, compliments of the Illinois Concealed Carry Law. They won't all understand, but some will. Those who don't get it, may have their own opportunity educated somewhere along the line. <br />
<br />
Speaking of bad guys, President Obama is about to release a group of prisoners without interviewing any of them, as normally happens in a parole process. They are just going to be let out. I am sure you and I are going to encounter one or two of them sometime down the line. Scary.<br />
<br />
A few friends of mine just returned from a European vacation. Since they are history buffs, they visited museums, cathedrals and other historical sights. The first of their real educational opportunities came when they were in Budapest. They were at the train station when groups of Middle Eastern refugees stormed the railway station and tried to take over the trains; they were demanding to be taken to Germany. The second opportunity came in Amsterdam. They were waiting in line to go through security when a group of 32 Syrian refugees were marched right around security and boarded the same plane to Chicago. Upon their U.S. arrival, all disembarked, including the 32 Syrian refugees. They have since disappeared into the City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs or who knows where. Remember: this happened in just one place, in one hour, in just one day. My guess is that this occurs again and again.<br />
<br />
I keep mentioning the City of Chicago has a drug problem that fuels all the violence. In September the Chicago Police Department raided a small boarded up bungalow on the West Side. It was a crack house. How many crack heads do you suppose were in this small bungalow? If you guessed 66 you won the jelly beans. How many were arrested or detained? If you guessed zero, you won another bag of jelly beans. This is a perfect example of why gun owners should not take blame for any of Chicago's violence. It's theirs - they own it.<br />
<br />
We still have some openings for the Utah CCW Permit Classes being held in December and January. Contact the ISRA office for details.<br />
<br />
<br />
[font='Times New Roman'][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for being an ISRA member. If you are not a member, please join today.[/font][/font] <br />
[font='Times New Roman'] [/font] <br />
[font='Times New Roman']Check out ISRA's website at www.isra.org! Tell us what you think![/font] <br />
[font='Times New Roman'] [/font] <br />
[font='Times New Roman']Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.[/font] <br />
[font='Times New Roman'] [/font] [font='Times New Roman']Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today! [/font]

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]Scary stuff and like so much else that I read or become aware of it only gets worse. Even if there were decent humans running for office and we elected them, could they get things turned around and how long would it take?[/font]