Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

IGOLD 2016 date has been chosen

Wednesday, April 6th is the date selected for the next Illinois Gun Owners Lobby Day in Springfield.<br />
http://www.isra.org/...ents/iGOLD.aspx<br />
<br />
They announce the schedule quite a ways in advance to give people time to re-arrange their schedules to attend.<br />
<br />
Barring a miracle (i.e. mass quantities of cranial-rectal surgery in the Illinois state Capitol prior to April 6th) I plan on attending to hand out my own personalized cards to legislators asking them to grant Wisconsin residents the same ability to obtain an Illinois non-resident concealed carry permit that they allow Hawaiians to have.<br />
<br />
In case you haven't been paying attention to the out-of-state permit issue, the ISP quizzed every other state about their state CCW permit system, and are only allowing residents of states who's permit systems are acceptable to the ISP to apply for Illinois non-resident permits. Currently, those states are Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina and Virginia.<br />
https://ispfsb.com/P...CCLOverview.pdf<br />
<br />
They aren't talking about reciprocity and recognizing other states CCW permits who's laws are similar (like all the states do with driver's licenses) - which would make sense - Illinois doesn't recognize any out-of-state CCW permits. They are saying if you aren't from one of those 4 states, you cannot get an Illinois non-resident permit, even though you take an Illinois training course taught by Illinois instructors and pass an Illinois background check and pay the $300 non-resident fee.<br />
<br />
Even if you are an Illinois resident and have your resident CCW card, you might want to make the trip and add your opinion and presence to the group lobby. Attendance has declined after the Illinois concealed carry permit law passed. If you have out-of-state friends, relatives, or business colleagues who have to travel disarmed to or through Illinois, like I do, you might want to make the effort in 2016. It takes time to change the system, even when there are enough willing politicians. By 2017 we might be stuck with "the Donald" or Billary as President of the United States and who knows how dangerous our lives might be with that kind of "leadership" protecting us or trying to restrict our gun rights even further.<br />
<br />
I eschewed the ISRA's preprinted cards about firearms legislation currently on the table then which came with the attendance package last year and took my own, with the following text on them:<br />
<br />
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]A Wisconsin resident, whether or not they have a Wisconsin concealed carry permit, cannot obtain an Illinois non-resident carry permit. The Illinois State Police will only accept non-resident permits from people residing in Hawaii, New Mexico, S. Carolina and Virginia. The ISP requires the non-resident's home state permit to be substantially similar to Illinois' permit law. Even though I took Illinois CCW training, passed an Illinois range proficiency test, passed an Illinois background check, obtained an Illinois digital ID and was ready to pay double the Illinois resident permit fee, I am blocked from obtaining an Illinois non-resident carry permit.[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Imagine if a Wisconsin resident commuted to the University of Illinois, got a medical degree, passed the Illinois board exams, completed residency in an Illinois Hospital, and was then rejected by the Illinois licensing board because they didn't approve of Wisconsin's medical license, while licensing doctors from four other states. Absurdly irrelevant, and current ISP policy regarding non-resident permits.<br />
<br />
Please correct this injustice and stop the ISP from embarrassing Illinois any further.[/font]
<br />
<br />
I had my name, snail and email address at the bottom of every card. I condensed my complaint to fit 4 times on a standard sheet of paper and printed it out on heavy card stock.<br />
<br />
I'm considering other formats and rewriting my comment. I might appeal to legislators trying to resolve your state's ongoing financial crisis. Those double out-of-state permit fees could help pay off those people who are holding IOU's from the Illinois State Insolvent Lottery (ISIL).<br />
<br />
Snidely Whiplash

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    The ISRA has posted their iGOLD bus schedule on their web site: http://www.isra.org/...ents/iGOLD.aspx<br />
    <br />
    The actual PDF link is:<br />
    http://www.isra.org/...2-03-163513-597<br />
    <br />
    There are buses starting from over 30 cities in Illinois, check out the PDF for details if Rockford would be out of your way, but you don't wish to drive all the way to Springfield.<br />
    <br />
    The Rockford bus leaves at 7:00am Wednesday April 6th. A ticket will cost $25 and you purchase your ticket through the ISRA online store.<br />
    <br />
    The Rockford/Mendota/Normal bus will be stopping for a late breakfast/early lunch at The Cracker Barrel restaurant in Springfield at 10:30, before continuing on to the Prairie Capitol Convention Center for the rally preceeding the march to the Capitol and visiting the legislative offices.<br />
    <br />
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016<br />
    State Capitol - Springfield, IL<br />
    Legislative Briefing, Rally, March to Capitol Bldg.
    <br />
    <br />
    11:45 am Registration/legislative briefing Prairie Capital Convention Center, 1 Convention Center Plaza<br />
    1:00 pm March to the State Capitol to lobby legislators<br />
    3:30 pm Rally at the Rotunda!<br />
    4:00 pm Buses depart for home (north side of Capitol on Monroe St.)<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Snidely Whiplash