Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

TG Summit Vote Results

<div class="IPBDescription">A quck run down</div>For anyone intrested, here are the votes from the Tg Meeting at the Vagus Summit<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
1. Should all SASS State and Higher matches be required to honor all SASS Catigories even if there is only one particapent..........for 242,,,,,,against52....abstained 1<br />
Result----PASSED<br />
<br />
2. Should all rule changes passed at the TG Meeting go into effect as of March 1st of the following year<br />
For....293....Against....2....Abstained..0<br />
Result.....PASSED<br />
<br />
3. Should all black powder catigories be chaged to add this following statement in the SASS Shooters Handbook.<br />
"It is expected the Black Powder competitors shall contend with smke obscured Targets. To insure this, all shot gun and rifle powder charges must produce smoke equilavant to a base line load of 15 grains by volume(1 cc) of ffg black powder."<br />
For .... 245.....Against49....abstianed 1<br />
Result......PASSED<br />
<br />
4. B Western has been a great success at EOT, Mule Camp and several other state and Regional matches. It is time to make it official. Should B Western become an official catigory.<br />
For........222 .....against 70....abstained 3<br />
Result....PASSED Note: they added that this catigory may be shoot gunfighter, traditional, or duelest---or any combination of the three<br />
<br />
5. Should any competitor be allowed to protest a non safety issue. (misses, proceduaralls, equipment etc.) on another shooter.<br />
For 6.....Against 289..... abstained ..0<br />
<br />
Result..... Defeated<br />
<br />
6. Should any competitor be allowed to protest a safety call on another competitor<br />
For 21.....against..270.....abstained...4<br />
Result.....defeated<br />
<br />
7. Should we allow competitors in the Frontier Cartrage Catigory, which is a traditional style shooting catigory, the option to choose to shoot Gunfighter style?<br />
For .....156.....Against 133....abstain 6<br />
Result----sent out to all TG's for ratifacation<br />
<br />
8. There needs to be a clear clarifacation/standerd o exactly when a shooter may compete in aged base catigories. The age of the shooter at the offical publised start date of the match will be the age used for determinign patticapation in any aged based catigory for the match.<br />
For 287....Against 8....abstained 0<br />
Result=======PASSED<br />
<br />
9. Should the pratice of putting the hammer tie down strap of the holster under the hammer(betwen hammer and frame) be allowed.<br />
For 18.....Against 276....abstained....1<br />
Result ....Defeated<br />
<br />
10 Should we change the issue (safety Penalty) of an empty shell left on the carrier of an open shot gun or rife to a no call<br />
For......126 Against 168....abstained1<br />
Result.....Defeated<br />
<br />
11. If a part of a firearm has clearly been altered and the part is visable without disassembly, that is to say clearly seen by normal handling of the firearm (Such as the case of the Lightning Rod)Then the part is illegal.<br />
TABLED
MORE ON THIS LATER.<br />
<br />
12. Should the Uberty 1873 Percusion Pistol be allowed as a Main Match Pistol<br />
For 165.......Against...119.......Abstained 11<br />
Result....Sent out to All TG's for Ratification<br />
<br />
13. Should revolving Percussion rifles be allowed as Main Match Rifles<br />
For......20.....Against..267...abstained 8<br />
Result....defated<br />
<br />
Note: Need a rest from typing---I'll return and explain #11
tabled does not mean dead--they formed a committee to study issue

Comments

• LongtoothLongtooth Rode hard and put away wet one to many times
    Tex,<br />
    <br />
    Thank you posting. Sorry to hear about your Trannie. Time to retire the old horse.
  • OK,<br />
    <br />
    Now for the rest of #11<br />
    <br />
    This issue has now been assigned to a committee. This committee will revue all aspects of this issue. (the real main issue being moifacations and not the lightning rod) Afterward, they will rewiret #11 and send it out to all TG's for an up of down vote.<br />
    <br />
    The committe, and the wild Bunch have assured the TG's that they will have this done, by no latter then Mid Feb. with every chance that it will happen as soon as Mid Jan. From there, the vote will be taken, if it passes, it will go into effect as of March !st as well.<br />
    <br />
    Current though among the TG's is that what is now legal, stay legal, but they also want to draw a line as far as future modifacations. You need to bug you TG's to let you know what the new wording is, and make sure they vote on this issuein the prescribed time--which will be coming out sometime in the time frame described above
    it was only Tabled due to the extremly poor wording--an is not going away<br />
    <br />
    Be sure your views are heard on this
  • UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    Tex,<br />
    <br />
    I have a lightning rod in my '73.<br />
    <br />
    Does this mean that it is legal now; that I don't have to take it out after the new vote 'cause it would be "grandfathered" in; that other folks that want it later next year couldn't get one?
    Deveraux,<br />
    <br />
    I got this explanation from another source but it pretty well explains what a Lightning Rod is:<br />
    <br />
    "They are for sale in the chronical with a photo..............ya ever seen a 66 or 73 Winchester or reasonable facsimily?.........ya know the rod that pushes back the hammer to cock the gun?<br />
    <br />
    Well the lightin rod has a roller inserted into a slot on the end of the rod to roll against the hammer as it goes back.(6mm Sam said, which converts to .236 inch .........1/4 inch is .250, ta give ya an idea of the size of it)<br />
    <br />
    The stocker's just have a bevel on em.<br />
    <br />
    I am sure someone might post a link to a photo.<br />
    <br />
    I aint that puter literate or I would help ya out."<br />
    <br />
    Hope that helps you. I have one in my '73.
    I don't know if it makes the action any quicker than I already had it but, it feels smoother (less hitches) to me, so I feel that I can move quicker on account of the smoothness.<br />
    <br />
    It just feels good and that has to count for something on an action job.
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    And all this time I thought that it was those pointy things that you put on the corner of roof tops.
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    jeweler jim wrote on Dec 7 2005, 05&#58;55 AM:
    <br />
    And all this time I thought that it was those pointy things that you put on the corner of roof tops.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Or on top of aluminum foil lined hats. I have them on mine! :P
  • LongtoothLongtooth Rode hard and put away wet one to many times
    I have one of those except it's on my yamulkee and it twirls. Nice touch I thought. Never have to worry about a premature discharge but as strong wind can give you some concern.
  • Howdy Pards,<br />
    <br />
    In answer to Ugly's question, as of right now the Lightning Rod is Not legal. That was stressed at the TG's summit. the Lightning Rod must be voted in to become legal, and that will be, at least they said it would, addressed in the re-write they are going to send out to all TG's for a vote.<br />
    <br />
    All of this is suppose to mappen before March, so by the time we shoot again, it will be better understood what will or won't happen with the LightningRod. Also, all of these rules , though strongly inforced at State and Higher matches, can be more loosely applied at local monthly matchs till then.<br />
    <br />
    Don't know which way this will fall in the final outcome, but believe that the Lightning Rod will survive, after all, it's an unseeable modifacation with the action closed--till now--that has always been the bench mark.<br />
    <br />
    I'll keep everyone posted as I learn more.
    edited December 2005
    Tex:<br />
    <br />
    I'm going to Winter Range in early March so that's why I'm asking these questions now; and yes, while the local matches would be more lax, I'm planning on attending at least three state championship matches and at least 2 regionals this coming year; so, it's a concern for me.<br />
    <br />
    I'll be looking for answers; thanks for the original posting.
  • Ugly wrote on Dec 7 2005, 02&#58;33 PM:
    <br />
    Tex:<br />
    <br />
    I'm going to Winter Range in early March so that's why I'm asking these questions now; and yes, while the local matches would be more lax, I'm planning on attending at least three state championship matches and at least 2 regionals this coming year; so, it's a concern for me.<br />
    <br />
    I'll be looking for answers; thanks for the original posting.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I believe the original Lightning rifle had the roller and in their infinite wisdon and desire to make it cheaper, AWA removed it!! So the idea has been around for a while.
  • Dastardly Dan wrote on Dec 8 2005, 12&#58;01 PM:
    <br />
    I believe the original Lightning rifle had the roller and in their infinite wisdon and desire to make it cheaper, AWA removed it!! So the idea has been around for a while.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I had to go check my original Lightning when I read your post. Like original 73's it neither has nor needs a "roller". Bigb Grit
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Thanks.<br />
    <br />
    Saves me from pulling mine out of the back of the safe to check, but I didn't think it did.
  • I never had an original, but the specs I got off the internet showed one