Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Evansville, WI, gun show shut down by Rock County Sheriff

The gun show being held at The Red Barn in Evansville, WI this weekend was shut down Saturday evening by the Rock County Sheriff. I've heard that a local resident complained about the noise and traffic and Sheriff Robert D. Spoden found a loophole in their liquor license (class B, I think) which prohibits establishments from running any other kind of business on the premises. Due to the bar building being connected to the display hall building, they are in violation. If they had the more expensive class C liquor license, there would not be grounds for the sheriff to shut the show down. I was told the owner of the Red Barn thinks this will probably put him out of business.<br />
<br />
I've been attending gun shows at The Red Barn for well over 3 decades. I don't know if this was started by a generic libtard - the type that builds a home in the rural farming country and then complains about the smell of chickens and pigs, the type that buys a home in a sub-division next to an airport and then complains about the jet noise, or if this was started by an anti-gun asshole forcing the Sheriff to take action. I was at the show yesterday afternoon, and it was packed. People were parking on the road as the parking lot was full. It wasn't noisy and everyone arriving and leaving when I did was driving very cautiously due to the crowded parking. There were AR-15 type firearms being sold there.<br />
<br />
I also heard that other gun shows conducted at similar establishments are going to be checked, but I have no confirmation or other sources to confirm that. As of this writing, there was no news of the closing on the Janesville Gazette web site, Beloit Daily News web site or Madison Channel 3 TV web site, but I did drive over there this morning and found a nearly empty hall with the last couple of dealers still packing up. The show had been scheduled to run through 3:00 pm today.<br />
http://gunandknifesh...=detail&eID=156<br />
<br />
<br />
Snidely<br />
<br />
"It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace – but there is no peace."

Comments

• I didn't get over there like i wanted due to a bum knee. I may have to change my handle to Stumpy.I think this is just the tip of the ice berg so to speak.You can look for them showing up at gun ranges, thats a given, for sure.