Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

I'll do the whining...

<div class="IPBDescription">You bring the cheese...</div>[size="4"][color="#099000"]<br />
As most know we didnt get the banquet scheduled this year. Also note that the annual convention in Vegas is being billed as the last at least for the immediate future. Also note that the attendance is down at ours and some of the other shoots in the area. Looking at the poll on the banquet and request for comment to the TGs agenda for Dice to take to Vegas I see that we have a whopping nine and eight responses respectively. We have over a hundred badge carrying members and eleven board members and thats the response we get. Just saying<br />
<br />
I think you can see where Im going with this, but really Im not sure how many will actually read this. You see even the hits on the web site are way down and many dont even check in here to see whats going on. Dont know what the question or answer is in this and really I havent shot a match in two seasons myself. Comes down to whether I want to get out to the range early and do what I can to get the set up ready for the match or show up and try to shoot the match without doing my fair share on the posse that gets stuck with me if I try to shoot. I choose the former cause I wouldnt be able to do both and you cant have someone handling guns when theyre eating pain meds (Believe I had a commentary on shooting impaired in one of the Gazettes.). <br />
<br />
So I guess Im saying that you might want to think about what you can do to help out at those shoots that you attend. Do you make it easier for those running the matches by trying to help out? Maybe they dont need any help, but have you asked? We do have some younger shooters showing up and I know everyone will help and encourage them and perhaps recruit some newbies of your own to bring out. At the end of each season those that have run the matches are a little used up. We need the winter off to recharge for the next shooting season. I wonder how those with year round shooting season do it. <br />
<br />
Primarily you owe our season and what we do accomplish to our landlord who has not only helped us immensely but still to this day has never accepted a dime from our shooters fees and has helped out with more than targets. Also want to make sure everyone understands that Johnny Popper, 97, Shamrock, Grit and Portly have done the Lion share of the work each and every month. They are owed a big thank you and note that Johnny went as far as taking time off work to get the range ready a number of times. Good to be able to do that and I believe that there might be other things he could do when he takes time off work. Somehow the work and setup always gets done, but without the above mentioned gentlemen I aint sure it would happen. <br />
<br />
There might be a scheduled work day or two next year so keep an eye on the website. <br />
[/color][/size]

Comments