ATTENTION
April 28 MATCH CANCELED!!!!
Bad weather tonight and Sunday.. See you May 11
Thanks

GAFMatch Sunday

We are having a Grand Army of the Frontier match on Sunday July 29. 
Bring your  cowboy revolvers and rifles. No shotgun required. 
Come experience an indian war through the Spanish American war type of match. 

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    http://www.grandarmyofthefrontier.org/

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/board,20.0.html  the message board

http://www.grandarmyofthefrontier.org/missouri.htm a few photos and the Department of the Missouri roster. You may recognize a few names on the list.

Snidely Whiplash

• We had a good shoot today. 
    Gatling gun, squad shot a 2 x 4 in half, fired for  pistol and rifle score, pistol and rifle reloads, and a general good time. 

JP
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    GAF shoots have interesting variety. I've shot a Gatling Gun, run an enemy (Pvt. Hay Bale) through with a sword, stabbed his brother (Pvt. Straw Bale) with a knife, and dragged a fallen comrade (Pvt. Dickweed, a former stagecoach test dummy) to safety.

Today I got to shoot the Gatling Gun again, and for the first time, I also shot paper targets with scoring rings at a GAF muster. Fortunately, that stage was not timed.

GAF musters are good for beginning SASS and NCOWS shooters, you only need a revolver and a lever-action pistol caliber rifle (like the "Working Cowboy" class used at matches at Bristol). They are also a great "excuse" for buying more gear, if not more guns. Admit it, you've always wanted to own a cavalry hat... or sword.

If you've never attended a GAF muster, please give it a try.

Snidely Whiplash
  • As a follow up, here are the scores from yesterday.  Pardon my interruption, but some additional info about the GAF.  Classes are rifle based and your pistol is your sidearm.   Example,  you want to portray a trooper of the US Army from the Spanish American war your battle rifle easily could be a Trapdoor in black powder or a 30/40 Krag bolt action in smokeless.  In this example the shooters class or category could be either Mil-Spec single shot black powder or Mil-Spec repeater.  He/she would carry a pistol from that particular era.  Please visit the GAF website for additional info.  Also membership in the GAF is FREE.  And, now the scores.

Mil-Spec single shot smokeless: JL Knaak.      Total: 379.19

Mil-Spec repeater smokeless:    Msgt Long.    Total: 378.11

Scout (lever action, pistol cal): Snidely Whiplash.  Total: 275.84
    Scout (         "                       ): Johnny Popper.      Total: 278.68

Cadet (.22 cal pump rifle):  Connor Long.             Total: 271.73

Precision Rifle:  JL Knaak.     Score: 82.

Precision Pistol: Msgt Long.  Score: 92.

If you have any additional questions or concerns about the GAF, please PM me.

Msgt Long