ATTENTION
April 28 MATCH CANCELED!!!!
Bad weather tonight and Sunday.. See you May 11
Thanks

Movie: The Sisters Brothers

I went to the local multi-plex Saturday and watched the new Western movie "The Sisters Brothers". It was ok, but in my opinion not worth paying the matinee ticket price ($7.50 with the senior discount, in Janesville). I suggest you wait until you can see it for free, or at least at a steep discount.

There were several extended gunfights (along with cylinder-swapping, as this was set in the 1850's), mostly involving pistols. Perhaps the French director never saw Stagecoach or The Rifleman. There were some very entertaining individual scenes, but the movie overall felt drawn out and the ending was very anti-climatic. A number of scenes were shot at night or indoors and not well-lit.

According to IMDB* the movie involved 7 production companies and 9 distributors and you saw all their names and logos at the start. The ending credits listed tax benefits from every country in the EU and UN - there was no "Easter Egg", so don't waste your time waiting for one.

Don't read the reviews at IMDB if you want to be surprised, several of them had spoilers with no warning. I think their ratings average was a little high for this movie.

Snidely Whiplash

*IMDB - International Movie Data Base https://www.imdb.com