Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Grand Army of The Frontier matches for 2019; 11 May and 14 September

Hi folks!

We will be having 2 GAF musters this year at Dry Gulch Ranch.  I am sure the 2x4 will be back for more punishment along with precision rifle and pistol.  The GAF musters are military rifle based.  However, cowboy lever guns are welcome!!  If you have a military rifle from the 19th century and/or a reproduction, come on out and join us.  One needs a rifle and 1 pistol to take part.  You are timed, but accuracy is the norm as there are no misses at a GAF muster.  And, membership in the GAF is FREE!!  PM me for more info.

Don

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    Who wouldn't enjoy honing their gunfire carpentry skills, or swinging a bayonet or sword to start the day. GAF musters are a lot of fun and you have 2 fewer guns to clean at the end of the day.

A great way to accessorize for a GAF muster is a military hat. You can get reasonably priced slouch hats here: https://www.ccsutlery.com/store/hat-slouch-rough-rider.html

I bought a gray one (a lot cooler than my black leather first cowboy hat) for SASS matches which is still in great shape after 2½ seasons of matches and musters. I bought a black one for GAF musters - to be on the winning side :)

I also picked up a Rough Rider shirt:  https://www.wwmerc.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?item=CM71&type=store&category=search 
    The style was good enough for Teddy Roosevelt and unlike most of my other cowboy shirts, it has two pockets.

For more info on the GAF, see:
    http://www.grandarmyofthefrontier.org/   General Info
    https://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/board,20.0.html   forums about upcoming musters, hardware and outfits, after-action reports

Snidely Whiplash, Lead Scout

• The scores  from yesterday's GAF Muster.
    2 troopers shot in the scout class; Sgt Sackett and Lead Scout Snidely Whiplash.

1. Sgt Sackett: 148.11
    2. Lead Scout Snidely Whiplash: 164.87

Mil Spec Single Shot: Pvt J. Knaak: 341.64

Mil Spec Repeater: Lt Col Long: 320.68

The squad shoot which involved all 4 troopers and a  2X4 which was BTH by massive amounts of lead.  Time:87.18.

Precision Pistol:

1. Pvt J. Knaak; 94

2. Lead Scout Snidely Whiplash: 93

3. Sgt Sackett: 87

Lt Col Long: 86

Precision Rifle:

1. Sgt Sackett: 91

2.Pvt J. Knaak: 90

3. Lead Scout Snidely Whiplash: 73

4. Lt Col Long: 70

A fun match, INDEED!!  Was my pleasure to host and my thanks to the BOD for allowing the Division of Illinois, Grand Army of the frontier, to muster at Dry Gulch Ranch.

Lt Col Long

• Concerning this GAF match on Sat 14 Sep, the Spirit has prompted me to inform you all that a special small gun will be featured on Stage 1.  Ain't saying no more, come see for ya'sef!!!
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    edited September 2019
    Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! I can' wait.

:D

Snidely Whiplash

• Well now I had better get these up and posted.  Get ready here are the results from yesterday's GAF Muster.

Mil Spec Single Shot, Black Powder: Col GW Strong, Trapdoor  165.66

Mil Spec Repeater, smokeless 30/40 Krag:
    1. Moose Wrangler  129.61

2. Lt Col Long         167.12

3. Duckie                375.33

Scout Class  Lever Action

1. Cornbread Lawman  86.13

2. Sgt Sackett               99.20

3. Snidely Whiplash      127.66

4. Border Vigilante       137.34

5. Johnny Popper         155.99

6. Mrs Hoppy               242.15

Precision Pistol

1. Sgt Sackett               89

2. Johnny Popper          87

3. Snidely Whiplash       86

4. Cornbread Lawman   84

5. Mrs Hoppy                80

6. Col Strong                80

7. Lt Col Long               62

8. Moose Wrangler        56

9. Border Vigilante        55

10. Duckie                    23

Precision Rifle

Sgt Sackett               93 xxx

2. Johnny Popper          91 xx

3. Mrs Hoppy                87

4. Snidely Whiplash       86

5. Border Vigilante        81 xx

6. Cornbread Lawman   79

7. Lt Col Long               55

8. Col Strong                 47

9. Duckie                       45 x

10. Moose Wrangler       28 xx

Again, it was my pleasure to host this Division of Illinois Muster.  My thanks to Col Strong for letting us use the Gatlin Gun once again.  For the squad shoot (BTH a 2x4) the entire squad earned a score of .85!!  The lowest so far to put a 2x4 to splinters!!!  The Division is also proud to announce the addition of Mrs Hoppy and Duckie as the newest troops to join.  So look for the 2020 dates as I will be plotting with the BOD for 2 dates in 2020.  And, like Lead Scout Snidely said, "You will have 2 less guns to clean and lots of different fun!"

Lt Col Long