Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Ammunition Supplies at Bass Pro in Springfield, Missouri 2020-12-31

Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
As long as I was visiting my brother who lives in Springfield MO, I thought I'd stop in at Bass Pro's headquarters and see what they had in loaded ammunition supplies. They have repurposed the shelves formerly used to store rifle and pistol ammo and have combined the few odd rifle calibers with the few odd shotgun rounds they have. I didn't expect them to have any more ammo than Cabelas, but it was a little unsettling to see the shelving had been taken over by "sporting crap". Clearly, they are expecting the shortages to be long term.

Since my last visit, they have put in a system in the gun area where you have to scan a a computer blotch with a camera-equipped cell phone to get texted a "wait-your-turn number" to speak to a clerk behind the counter. I wonder if they are storing those cell numbers for advertising purposes....?

Snidely Whiplash

Comments

• The big chain sporting goods are expecting the Demoncrats to declare all shooting stuff illegal.  Just like Dick's, they have no integrity.  Portly.

• Since my last visit, they have put in a system in the gun area where you have to scan a a computer blotch with a camera-equipped cell phone to get texted a "wait-your-turn number" to speak to a clerk behind the counter. I wonder if they are storing those cell numbers for advertising purposes....?

Snidely Whiplash
    Of course they are. Just like Google, Apple and the Cell Service Providers tracking every move you make by nature of carrying a cell phone.....unfortunately this is the way of the world now....your digital fingerprints are everywhere....as much as you try, there is no way to hide...
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    Well, you can put your phone in a Faraday bag, and tell your auto insurance company you don't want a "safe driving" monitor installed in your vehicle in exchange for a discount, but security cameras and license plate readers are another matter. For those, you need a horse and off-road routes.  :)

(Picturing an FBI agent, in a business suit, examining your Palomino's horse apples and telling his partner "Him pass this way, 3 maybe 4 hours ago, Kemosabe."

The push to eliminate non-digital currency in combination with monitoring and disarming Americans does not bode well for our future as a free nation.

Snidely Whiplash