ATTENTION
April 28 MATCH CANCELED!!!!
Bad weather tonight and Sunday.. See you May 11
Thanks

2 Gun Action Match Results

3 people came out and shot.  here are the scores  Next month Handgun / Pistol Caliber Carbine

Comments

• Lets try it this way,

Stage 1    Stage 2   Stage 3   Stage 4   Stage 5   Stage 6     Total
    Joe    54.34       38.91     41.69     32.18     130.00    72.91        370.03
    Pete   72.27       39.34     140.00   48.39     140.00    78.04       518.04
    Kevin  74.01       74.01     83.57    140.00   130.00     35.32       536.91
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    edited July 2021
    I enjoyed trying a new type of shooting. Since we were shooting steel targets, I knew I was going to be shooting my .44 magnum cowboy loads. I learned at Cornbread's earlier PPC matches this year that shooting a double-action revolver left-handed and reloading with speed-loaders will take practice, so I decided to shoot my Bisley revolvers. Several of the stages included reloading on the clock, which accounted for some of my extra time.
    I was the only one shooting a double-barrel shotgun. Since we start out the stages in this format with fully loaded shotguns, that accounts for some of the rest of my extra time.
    There was also a time penalty for not completing the stage within 90 seconds.
    ("Curses, timed out again!" :# ).  ® Snidely Whiplash
    Double-barreled shotguns are fun to shoot and have a serious intimidation quality for self-defense, but pumps or semi-autos are best for actual self-defense shooting .
    If I were going to get serious about shooting this format (close range steel targets) fast, I would get a .45 auto, some extra mags and some Wild Bunch loads for it, and a magazine extender for one of my pump shotguns. Since I'm shooting for fun, I'm just planning on showing up at the next 2 gun match with a pistol and my cowboy rifle and enjoying the day.
    Cornbread has put a lot of work into these new styles of shooting matches, offering the chance to shoot either with your cowboy/wild bunch guns, or to use guns you don't normally shoot.
    The PPC matches were on paper targets, which allowed the use of FMJ and full-powered handgun ammo. The first 2-gun match allowed the use of any reduced power pistol ammo and any style handgun (between us we had SA revolvers, a DA revolver and a .22 auto). The August match will likely be a 2-gun pistol and pistol-caliber carbine match.
    If you want to shoot different guns, or try a different format, you should give one of these alternate matches a try. Once Cornbread has the details for the next match posted, please read it and let any shooters that you think might be interested in it know about it, even if you don't plan on shooting it yourself.
    Snidely Whiplash
    P.S.  We were done shooting 45 minutes before the rain sprinkles started.

• I wimped out I thought it would rain