ATTENTION
April 28 MATCH CANCELED!!!!
Bad weather tonight and Sunday.. See you May 11
Thanks

October 9th, 2021 - Stages!

Attached are the stages for the October 9th match. We will not have a shotgun stage this time, but I have replaced it with a pistols only stage to mix things up a bit and try something different.

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    I would like some clarification about Stage Six:

If we opt to use both pistols and get hit all 5 targets with less than 10 shots, what will be the procedure for handling the unfired rounds? Will we dump them on a target - on or off the clock - or will we take a pistol with live ammo to the unloading table, or handle it in some other fashion, such as unloading and being cleared at the window like .45 Autos in Wild Bunch?

Just to confirm, the stage instructions state that misses are only counted for a target that was never hit, so if I take 3 shots to hit target #1, and then hit targets #2, #4, #5, and then #3 with one shot each, I've completed the stage successfully with 7 shots and no misses or penalties?

It sounds interesting.

Snidely Whiplash
  • Snidely,

It's always safe to holster HDEC. So once you hit 5, simply do not cock and you will naturally be HDEC and can holster. I will add commentary to the stage so you can shoot any shooting style in the event a gunfighter doesn't want to risk ending up with a cocked pistol and having to fire an extra round to make safe.

Your score will be the total time it takes you to hit all 5 targets. If it takes you 7 shots to hit five (though I'm pretty sure it will only take YOU 5 shots to hit all 5) your score will be what is on the timer after 7.

If after 10 shots are fired, you will earn a 5 second penalty for each target not hit - spotters will have to pay attention on this one.

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm so used to emptying my guns to finish each stage in a SASS match, it never occurred to me to just quit shooting after all the targets are hit.  :o  What a concept!

Snidely Whiplash