Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

work days for 13 April and 20 April

Hi Everyone!
We (BOD) have 2 workdays scheduled for 13 April and 20 April. All are welcome to participate and if you do come out bring a rake and shovel. Lots of down limbs to police up and possibly clean up stage 6, if we get the powered stuff. I.E. chainsaws, tractors, etc.
Also pick up trash and store the 5-gallon buckets.

Starting this year, we are asking ALL shooters, visitors, and looker-ons to police up after themselves. In other words, "Pack yer own trash out."  This will help (ALL of US) to maintain the upkeep and keep our landlords happy.

Enter and exit at a safe speed limit and let's have a safe season.

Msgt Long

Comments

• I will try to make both. Will check on tractor availability for either day. What day would be best for tractor/loader/blade?
    JP
  • I can't make the 13th. But I will plan on the 20th.
  • Tractor and bucket will probably be there on the 20th also.
  • 13 April workday is history!! I have come to the conclusion that myself and trees have become mortal enemies!!?!??
    That said on 20 April we will begin in and around 0900-0930. We have 1 more tree and paint targets.
  • Umm, just looked at the forecast fer this week and it aint dry.  Keep tuned to this channel as we might have to postpone our workday especially if it rains overnight on Wednesday 19 April.  

Msgt Long
  • Well, just coming in from outside and then looking at a refreshed weather map, I would say that if it aint raining at 0700 tomorrow morning then lets just go for it..  Get the piles picked up and maybe some paint on the targets.  Weekend is calling for cool temps and no water from above.  I think that the forecasters are just as confused as we are.  
    I will make a post to not work if we have wet stuff coming down at 0730.

Stay tuned and look outside!!??!@#$%!!

Msgt Long
  • it is 0727 and we have no rain here or near Dry Gulch.  However, there is one whopper of a storm closing in on Cedar Rapids, Iowa right now. I have the weather map next to me and referring to it while typing this report.  I am guessing that this storm will be closing on northern Illinois in and around 0900 or before.
    I don't know, but let's go ahead and postpone our workday for today and before the shoot on Sunday I will get out early and pick up the piles.