Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

new shooters

Been on the Wire reading a post about a new shooter who wants to get him and his soon-to-be-wife into Cowboy Shooting. They've been to a match and want to get started picking up stuff soon. Said they wanted to go to all the local matches. I offered the loan of a couple guns and asked them to contact me with where they are going. Anyone else want to help out the new shooters? Nine-Toed-Hare is his alias.

Comments

• I usually have "extras" with. I got .45 pistols and .44-40 rifles and probably enough ammo to go around. I also got a .44 Mag Marlin rifle if required. I will be at Beloit on Saturday.<br />
    JP
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Filthy,<br />
    <br />
    It would be best to have them come by on the Saturday shoot as we'll have more time to take them aside and work with them. Let the folks here know what they need and I'm certain you'll get more than you need.<br />
    <br />
    We're always happy to see the new shooters come around!
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    With the kids going off to school I probably have guns in 38 special that could be borrowed at GGP shoots. DD's idea of coming to our shoot on Saturday is good. These guns have been worked so it would be a real good idea to fire them some before trying to use them at a match. The pistols only have 1 3/4 pound pull and my daughter's Marlin is worked to only use a specific range of size in 38. I have a couple of thousand loaded for it and they would be welcome to use it, but standard ammo will not function in that rifle. My 66 will eat anything, but we would have to trade back and forth with that one.<br />
    <br />
    Happy to do whatever I can to help out as long as we're shooting on the same posse. And I suppose that on Sunday I might not be shooting, so there might possibly be two sets of guns and three sets of leather to pick from. If the kids come in all bets would be off, as I couldn't explain someone else using their hardware instead of them. Wife just told me that they'll be in for the Sept. shoot. Oct. would work as well as any other shoots that we might be both attending.