Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

A little secret for the posse...

jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
While nothing will probably ever improve my scores or shooting abilities, I have a little secret to share with the posse who have not taken ROI or ROII yet. It's probably a good idea to at least have your ROI before you start running the timer at any of the stages and I note that sometimes we don't have a lot of volunteers to run the timer. So everybody get your butt to the kanyon and at least take the ROI course. Why run the timer? I think you'll find that if you run a few shooters through a stage before you shoot it, you will shoot it a bunch better yourself. It forces you to pay close attention and when you get to the line you have the shooting order pretty well set in your head. Yeah I know many of you have seen me shoot really badly, even after timing, but think how bad it would be if I didn't time someone occasionally.<br />
<br />
So take the RO courses, start timing, get more involved and I think you'll find that not only will your confidence improve but you'll have more fun when you're more comfortable at the line. Besides, you get to mess with certain people at the line when you have the timer.<br />
<br />

Comments