Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Ready for Bristol...

<div class="IPBDescription">Picked up my pistols after repair</div>As some of you may have noticed this year, I'm trying to shoot duelist. It has provided a lot of laughs and lengthened my times considerably if that's possible. Seems that I've been "short stroking" the cocking of the hammer and have continually had to go all the way around (sometimes twice) to pick up the cartridge that didn't fire. Well I was looking at the pistols after the match at Sycamore and noticed that there was a divot or small depression in the hammer where it strikes the firing pin. So off to Floyd's to see what he could do with them.<br />
<br />
Just got back from picking up the pistols and he had to weld to fill in the hammers and then polish, harden and case color them. He did all four pistols for me and got them done in four days time. He's a great guy for doing it that quickly. I told him I wanted them done "yesterday," when I dropped them off on Monday. He gave me that look of "You want them when?" But he had them done Friday. <br />
<br />
So my story is that it was the guns the whole time. Tomorrow will tell the tale and that's my excuse for the season so far. See you all at Bristol tomorrow. (Now if I can just remember to change my glasses before shooting each stage I'll have it made.)

Comments