Double-Action Semi-Auto Pistol<br />
Caliber: 9mm<br />
Barrel Length: 5 1/2"<br />
Magazine Capacity: 18 rounds<br />
Finish: Matte Stainless Steel<br />
Sights: Fixed<br />
Serial#: 1 22XX<br />
<br />
The only written information Ive been able to find on this is (1) its referenced and discussed in an article written by Gene Gangarosa, Jr., entitled STEYRS GB: Too Good to be True?, in the 1994 issue of Gun Digest (Page 44). At one time, I tried to contact the author through the Gun Digest publisher but was unsuccessful and (2) it appears under L.E.S. on page 990 of the 2007 (28th Edition) Blue Book of Gun Values by S. P. Fjestad.<br />
<br />
This firearm is unique is several aspects, the first of which is the ironic fact that its place of manufacture (Morton Grove) was the first Illinois suburb to enact a handgun ban.<br />
<br />
Another interesting feature is that its barrel appears to have what is called polygonal rifling. But as Im no expert on the appearance of that technique, its one of the things Id like to verify if possible.<br />
<br />
What I would really like to do is obtain a copy (even a xerox copy) of the owners manual that accompanied this pistol when it was new. There were supposedly some 2,300 manufactured before LES/Rogak went out of business so I think theres a pretty good chance theres more than several still out there in various owners hands.<br />
<br />
Also if someone might be able to tell me how I could contact Mr. Gangarosa, it would be greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks to all.