Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Who was your favorite & why?

They are talking about more snow around here tomorrow so it looks like many of us will be staying close to home for a day or so. We can't go play cowboy but we can do the next best thing and talk about it.<br />
<br />
I was wondering who your favorite cowboy film heros were and why you liked them. Let us hear about them and post a photo of them if you like. I'll start off with Roy Rogers, as I don't think I missed one of his old B&W films when I was a kid. There were many others I liked, but Roy had several redeeming features.<br />
<br />
1. He never lost his hat in a fist fight - never lost the fight, either.<br />
2. His magical pistol never ran out of ammo.<br />
3. He never went looking for a fight but never turned away from one when he was in the right.<br />
4. Kids today would be a lot better off listening to him sing than some gansta rapper.<br />
5. He had some cool guns and leather and dressed to part. Don't think he ever got dirty in a fight, either.<br />
6. He always helped the ones who had been wronged. <br />
<br />
Let's hear about yours!<br />
<br />
<br />

Comments

• Well my first taste of cowboying wasn't on film.It was on the radio,WLS,i belive,Mon.,Wed. Fri. 6:30 pm.Me,i was maybe 8 years old,a long time ago.Return with us now to those thirling days of yesteryear,from out of the past comes the thundering hoves of the great horse "Silver",The "Lone Ranger"Come on lets go big fella!Hi Ho Silver!,the Lone Ranger rides again.! Well,thats the way i remember it.My first film heroes were Buck Jones who lost his life in a night club fire saving others,and Col.Tim Mc Coy.One of the original Rough Riders.As was Buck.
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    I remember those radio programs well. Especially the Lone Ranger and The Shadow (Knows).
  • UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    Good old Lamont Cranston. I remember both of them too, mostly the Lone Ranger though.
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    I have XM Radio in my work truck and can occasionally tune in to some of those old shows. They are a fun change of pace from all the usual radio station droning.<br />
    <br />
    SK
  • Hey SK,whats a XM radio?
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    Thanks Wyatt. It's good to know that there are a few people out there that haven't been corrupted yet. <br />
    <br />
    Remember how if you would have asked some years back if people would pay over $700.00 a year to watch their TV you would have locked them away where they couldn't hurt themselves? Welcome to Cable or Dish TV.<br />
    <br />
    Well XM Radio is the radio version of cable TV. You get to pay ten or fifteen dollars a month to listen to the radio. Ain't progress wonderful? Free at first when you buy the new car so they can get you used to listening to it. All those little antennas on the new cars ain't for GPS.
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    You radio guys must remember Gunsmoke, too, then.<br />
    <br />
    "Hi. I'm Matt Dillon. The first man they look for and the last they want to meet." <br />
    <br />
    Great voice, too. That pudgy guy that played some detective show later on TV. But just the right gravelly voice.<br />
    <br />
    Yeah, radio is free, but not all that much on it is any fun to listen to. I recollect flying over vast wastes of the central part of this nation, and about all I could find was BOTH kinds of music, country AND western. Although, of course, I did manage to usually find Rush somewhere during the mid portion of the day.
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    jeweler jim wrote on Feb 26 2008, 08&#58;28 AM:
    Thanks Wyatt. It's good to know that there are a few people out there that haven't been corrupted yet. <br />
    <br />
    Remember how if you would have asked some years back if people would pay over $700.00 a year to watch their TV you would have locked them away where they couldn't hurt themselves? Welcome to Cable or Dish TV.<br />
    <br />
    Well XM Radio is the radio version of cable TV. You get to pay ten or fifteen dollars a month to listen to the radio. Ain't progress wonderful? Free at first when you buy the new car so they can get you used to listening to it. All those little antennas on the new cars ain't for GPS.
    <br />
    <br />
    JJ is correct, it's pay radio. I do believe he has Cable TV so I'm sure that Satellite Radio is on the horizon for him in the near future. <br />
    <br />
    Mine comes to me from my company. I have to travel somewhat and they saw fit to give me this little perk. I can drive all day and never lose my radio signal. Along with it comes lots of different channels and one of the is old time radio. <br />
    <br />
    Helps pass the time on a long drive, also get the Cubs games in real time where ever I am.<br />
    <br />
    SK
  • Thanks guys for the information,i guess i'll never have pay radio.I do enjoy watching Gunsmoke now when i'm on the treadmill.With the way i worked i never had a chance to see it in color till now.