Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

WTB: Used Book

<div class="IPBDescription">Packing Iron by Richard Ratterbury</div>I am looking to by a CHEAP used copy of Packing Iron, it can be rough! Books A Millon has them for $28.95, I just don't want to pay that much for a book to look at the pictures!<br />
I am never going to be a master holster maker, and need to spend my money other places!<br />
<br />
Still looking to buy some 16ga hulls, there has to be someone that is a member of a big gun club that is big into the shot gun sports, if anyone can give me a contact, maybe I can find some.<br />
<br />
Thanks<br />
Ace

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    I got your "Packing Iron" book, but it's in basically new condition. I don't know that it really gives you the insight into making rigs for yourself. You might want to talk to "Longtooth" regarding what books might be better for instructional use ("Leather and Gear" forum). If your in the local area you could borrow the book. <br />
    <br />
    I don't recall whether you've been at any of the area shoots, but with the season starting up next month I could bring the book along to which ever shoot we both might be attending. Might even have some sixteen gauge, but will have to look in the basement at my"old man's" house. There used to be some, but I think they might have gotton throwed out.
  • jeweler jim wrote on Mar 16 2008, 10&#58;13 AM:
    I got your "Packing Iron" book, but it's in basically new condition. I don't know that it really gives you the insight into making rigs for yourself. You might want to talk to "Longtooth" regarding what books might be better for instructional use ("Leather and Gear" forum). If your in the local area you could borrow the book. <br />
    <br />
    I don't recall whether you've been at any of the area shoots, but with the season starting up next month I could bring the book along to which ever shoot we both might be attending. Might even have some sixteen gauge, but will have to look in the basement at my"old man's" house. There used to be some, but I think they might have gotton throwed out.
    <br />
    <br />
    I live in Kansas, so I don't think I can make your shoots, i wished i could!! What would you take for the book, a good of mind told me I needed it for reference.<br />
    Thanks Ace
    Amazon has it for around 29 and I believe you can get free shipping. so either ther or Books A Million if you can get free shipping. By the time I box it up to send it and the fact that it's a "used" book I would recomend you get a new copy from one of those places.<br />
    <br />
    With me paying the shipping I would want twenty anyway so you're better off getting it new from one of the other places. Getting me to get off my dead rear end to box it up and send it is like asking for an act of god. Also you can then look at all the other books at Amazon and end up spending a hundred the way I usually do.<br />
    <br />
    Send me a personal message with address etc. if you really want me to send it along. I really ain't looking to sell it and thought that if you were close you could borrow it.
  • jeweler jim wrote on Mar 16 2008, 04&#58;20 PM:
    Amazon has it for around 29 and I believe you can get free shipping. so either ther or Books A Million if you can get free shipping. By the time I box it up to send it and the fact that it's a "used" book I would recomend you get a new copy from one of those places.<br />
    <br />
    With me paying the shipping I would want twenty anyway so you're better off getting it new from one of the other places. Getting me to get off my dead rear end to box it up and send it is like asking for an act of god. Also you can then look at all the other books at Amazon and end up spending a hundred the way I usually do.<br />
    <br />
    Send me a personal message with address etc. if you really want me to send it along. I really ain't looking to sell it and thought that if you were close you could borrow it.
    <br />
    <br />
    I thank you Jim, and i understand not wanting to sell it, i will just get one this week. Like I said I might never make a holster that looks like anything you would want to where, but I am disabled, and spend all winter in bed, somedays I get out and work on some guns, I like old SXS, and I buy old broken guns, mainly SXS and old worn out S.A. revolers and fix them up, (but the boss of 36 years doesn't want oil and dirt in HER HOUSE, so I decided to take up the leather work for winter pprojects! If I ever win the lottery, first thing I am buying me is a LC Smith or Parker, ect. in a HIGH GRADE SWEET 16. And then buy me a pair of Uberti Doc Hoiladay revolvers in 45 Colt, some people would say Colts and hope not to offend anyone, but I don't think after I get threw tuning and smoothing, they shoot as good or better than the New Colt's.<br />
    I got a Special Edition Ruger 44, blue case color reciever that is fadeing Ruger said send it in and they would redo it, I like the way it looks, it has the Gold inlays in the cylinders fake ivory grips a light action job, nothing special on the action, would like to trade it for a Hawes 44 Western Marshall in great shape and draw $200.00, since I have not a chance in the world of wining the lottery, i have a Hawes 44 that i shoot, and if I can find me a trader, i am going to gun them down to 3 1/2 " barrels and nickle plate them, put me on some fake pearlized grips, and that is the closest I will ever get to pair of Doc Guns.<br />
    So if anyone want a purdy Vaqureo in 44 5 1/2" barrel and has cash and 44 hawes in good morking order, blueing and grips I don't care, just as long as it locks in battery, the timing good, and no sloop in frame to cylinder let me know! I just got threw with 2 Hawes W.M. in 45 and I spend $400.00 in parts, and had to hand fit every piece.<br />
    Thanks<br />
    ACE
    Well Ace I really wish you were closer. We got one to two shoots every week end around here once the season starts. <br />
    <br />
    Speaking of S X S I'm a Fox man myself and cut down a 20 gauge for my daughter when we got started. Just cut the stock as it was in about 95% condition when she started using it. Ivory sights and all, it was/is a pretty gun. Recently bought her a 97 and have it cut down to fit her. With pad it's a little over ten inches in the stock, so you begin to understand how small she is. (Some of the looks we got when people realized what she had chopped [the Fox] for cowboy shooting were amusing.) It's pretty much her gun now unless I want to spend big bucks to get it restocked.<br />
    <br />
    Send me a PM with your address in case either of us might get near the other in our travels.