Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

A Positive Approach

shamrockshamrock Not Enough Free Time
Many of us complain and growl every time we read about some gun control effort being undertaken by our liberal "friends." It seems to me that both sides often take atack positions and fail to work positively for change. <br />
<br />
My youngest daughter, Sarah "Shamrock's Kid" Gannon, recently went to work for MidwayUSA in the Human Resources Department. She is following in her father's footprints in many ways. We visited her and her fianc, Mike Gregg a few weeks ago. We got rained out from shooting with the Moniteau Creek River Raiders in Fayette Missouri. So we went to see Sarah's workplace. I am definitely impressed with Midway USA's operation. As luck would have it, Larry Potterfield, the president was in. Having watched the Outdoor Channel on Wednesday evenings, I immediately recognized the man. He is as real and genuine as he appears on TV. He talked with us for at least a half an hour and gave us a "tour" of his and his wife, Brenda's offices. Most of us only dream of having that many guns in our office, much less our homes. And here is where I found out about a positive approach for change. <br />
<br />
Larry and Brenda Potterfield of MidwayUSA recently established the MidwayUSA Foundation, a not-for-profit public foundation designed to provide financial support for education and training in the areas of shooting, hunting, firearms safety and outdoor skills. They have donated over half a million dollars as the first donation to the Foundation. Bringing new shooters into hunting and shooting sports is critical to keeping shooting sports alive in the future. All you need to do is check the average age of our Good Guys Posse shooters to know we need new blood. To this end, the Foundation's first endowment is the Scholastic Shooting Trust (SST) Fund with the mission to provide alumni or other interested parties of most any University, College or High School in the United States the opportunity to financially support a school's existing shooting program or to financially assist a school in establishing a shooting program.<br />
<br />
I immediately made a donation with the money to be directed to the University of Minnesota, Morris. I rather doubt that liberal bastion will ever sponsor any sort of shooting team, but it will not be because I didn't support the effort. For more information about the MidwayUSA Foundation or the Scholastic Shooting Trust Fund, please visit www.MidwayUSAFoundation.org or www.ScholasticShootingTrust.org.<br />
<br />
Regards,<br />
Pat "Shamrock" Gannon

Comments

• DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    Atta way, Shamrock! I guess every little bit helps.
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Sure sounds like a great idea!
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    From everything I've seen and read the Potterfields are great supporters of our gun rights and the NRA. I always add a little something to the orders on the round up program that they were the first to start. It might be worth considering one specific school and targeting it for the donation because if the amount got large enough they would have to respond to it. Might be a good topic for discussion at our next shoot or here.<br />
    <br />
    We might consider targeting a high school closest to the range and then try and develop a relationship teaching gun safety and also giving us the opportunity to develop new and younger cowboy shooters.
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    I thought Dillon started the NRA roundup program.<br />
    <br />
    Interesting idea about a local high school.
  • Its funny that this issue has been brought up. Now I know this is kind of an old issue but I just forgot about it. I rejoined the Bristol club and wanted to go shooting yesterday. I brought my girlfriend, her 9 year old son and my 11 year old daughter. I was not able to shoot because the kids were under 12. Now I know Bristol is just trying to protect itself and don't blame them but how can state like Wisconsin thats is so heavy into hunting and outdoors activities have such a stupid law?
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    Dirt Pyle wrote on May 19 2008, 09&#58;16 AM:
    Its funny that this issue has been brought up. Now I know this is kind of an old issue but I just forgot about it. I rejoined the Bristol club and wanted to go shooting yesterday. I brought my girlfriend, her 9 year old son and my 11 year old daughter. I was not able to shoot because the kids were under 12. Now I know Bristol is just trying to protect itself and don't blame them but how can state like Wisconsin thats is so heavy into hunting and outdoors activities have such a stupid law?
    <br />
    <br />
    It's a DNR regulation that has the force of law. It's simply a way for the antis to get a "law" without having it passed by the legislature or subject to legal review. That is WRONG!