Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Compliments to JJ

I really hate to say this, but today's shoot was lots of fun, different, and kept one on one's toes. Thanks for your work, ingenuity, and application. It may have been this year's last shoot for us, but it was a hum-dinger.<br />
<br />
Now banquet next Saturday and we can rest some for the rest of the year.

Comments

• JJ,<br />
    I had a lot of fun today and also had some excellent lessons.<br />
    Grunt
  • jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    I really outfoxed myself as I ended up with a procedural also. Well I got a whole year to think up some new scenarios. I was also told not to ever again put two separate reloads on the same stage. We'll see...<br />
    <br />
    Lots to be done and much to develope and as the finances permit we will improve things. We already have the plan to add two or three stockade fence sections running out from the back of the unloading/loading tables between stages to eliminate what might be left regarding any splatter. Trying to find a balance between development and payback of loans for start up costs is not an easy thing. <br />
    <br />
    Again, thanks to all for your support and spread the word by getting new shooters out to join us. <br />
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    Me, I thought the two reloads were a great idea! Slowed the fast guys, and made you work a touch! And if that scenerio was real, which we all agree it isn't, there would have been a LOT of reloading. HA! Maybe that's one for next year - a 5 round reload on the rifle, or (heavens!) the pistol.
  • Wrangler RichWrangler Rich Bronc Stomper
    Devereaux wrote on Oct 27 2008, 05&#58;59 AM:
    Me, I thought the two reloads were a great idea! Slowed the fast guys, and made you work a touch! And if that scenerio was real, which we all agree it isn't, there would have been a LOT of reloading. HA! Maybe that's one for next year - a 5 round reload on the rifle, or (heavens!) the pistol.
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    I guess that would break out the Schofield shooters.
  • UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    Dev, that might have slowed the fast guys down but, it was only relative: the fast guys were still fast and the slower shooters still took forever to do the reloads.<br />
    Bottom line: too much time spent on that particular stage.<br />
    Doesn't matter; still was a fun stage.<br />
    You don't want a bottle-neck stage to slow things up; any more reloads would really create a big slow down.
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    Ugly, you are certainly right that it is relative. Still, it might allow some who are slower to catch up, simply from familiarity. I understand the bottleneck concept, but don't believe that it should be the only criteria for making scenerios. One could certainly make a stage where there is way too much to make the stage run fast, but those issues were also true back in IPSC, where some stages ran fast and others ran slow. I would suspect that a multi-round reload wouldn't be all that much of a bottleneck, and might actually be fun. On the other hand, perhaps too much reloading just might slow things. So the challenges of stage design go on.