Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

1911 ?

O K, I think I want a 1911 just cause I haven't had one since I was issued one (actually, I bought it off of a Dust Off pilot in RVN. Don't have a purpose, so, any suggestions?

Comments

• UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    KIMBER!
  • I have a Springfield Loaded, and am very happy with it. I have shot FMJ, Lead, and Hydro Shoks through it and have not had a single FTF or FTE. I thought the price was reasonable (got it from Mike) and really like it.<br />
    <br />
    Griz
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    Well, you got the gist of it, Harry. Kimber is currently the big Kahoona in the 1911 racket. Colt still makes them, but they are expensive - even more than tricked out Kimbers. Springfield WAS the king of the hill, but has been displaced, for a number of reasons, probably not important to you at the moment.<br />
    <br />
    Considering the current costs, I would suggest that you look for a nice clean used one. There are specific things to look for in terms of wear, but you can find a really nice example for less than the cost of a new - and considering your purpose, it will do you proud.
  • Wilson Combat
  • Went over to Dam Road, and I'm thinking the RIA Tactical looks like it'll do what I want. Any suggestions on range ammo? Reloads?
  • DevereauxDevereaux Paladin, Jr.
    A tactical will have basically a hard ball spring, so you want full loads, but not the +P's. Whatever's cheap. It will probably feed easiest with FMJ RN. I would reload basically the same area. There are a couple pitfalls in ACP reloading, one of which is that you need ENOUGH crimp, since the case is really tapered albeit slightly, and it headspaces on the case mouth. I load 230's in Ranier or the Black Bullet, which keep the post-shooting cleanup to a minimum.