Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

need lead!

OK, since Jim brought up getting ahead on loading, I need a new source for lead. .38 rnfp 125s probably. Finally ran out of Bonus, anything comparable?

Comments

• http://www.grandmasterbullets.com/hard_cast.html <br />
    I just ordered some lead from this co. Service was great and the product was great.<br />
    <br />
    Grunt
  • Anybody try www.missouribullet.com ?? I need 45 acp and 38sp.
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    Harry,<br />
    <br />
    If you plan on lead in the .45 acp, check the bullet shape. I used some bonus 230 gr rn in mine and they were too round to chamber unless I made them very short. The bullet has to be a little pointy.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    SK
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    I order mine from http://www.meisterbullets.com/ they have good quality bullets and are as reasonably priced as you get these days. Most prices include shipping.
  • What about http://www.snscasting.com/<br />
    If you go shooting at Oak Park in Plainsfield you'll find the guy there and do not have to pay for shipping.<br />
    <br />
    Or David Wilson e-mail dewy07@wildblue.net. Good prices
    edited January 2009
    Big Shooter Mike wrote on Jan 6 2009, 01&#58;55 PM:
    What about http://www.snscasting.com/<br />
    If you go shooting at Oak Park in Plainsfield you'll find the guy there and do not have to pay for shipping.<br />
    <br />
    Or David Wilson e-mail dewy07@wildblue.net. Good prices
    <br />
    <br />
    I bought 500 from SNS but their 125 gr 38's have a very weird crimp groove that doesn't work well. The others looked good.
  • Ordered 3000 125s from Missouri, $156 delivered. Now we'll see.
    Filthy Harry wrote on Jan 6 2009, 06&#58;47 PM:
    Ordered 3000 125s from Missouri, $156 delivered. Now we'll see.
    <br />
    <br />
    That sounds like a reasonable price these days. Who'd you order from?
  • edited January 2009
    www.missouribullet.com recomended by Mockingbird and others.
    Filthy Harry wrote on Jan 6 2009, 10&#58;30 PM:
    www.missouribullet.com recomended by Mockingbird and others.
    <br />
    <br />
    Went over to their site and I see they have some reasonable prices although I couldn't find any shipping costs. I'd sure be interested in learning how they work out for you. I'm about out of the Bonus ones I got from Dam Road but I think I have enough loaded to last me for awhile.
  • The best I found was WWW.cheycast.com Been ordering from them for three years now. great people ,great product.
    Kidd Casey wrote on Jan 7 2009, 07&#58;15 AM:
    The best I found was WWW.cheycast.com Been ordering from them for three years now. great people ,great product.
    <br />
    <br />
    Their prices look reasonable too. I'll have to keep both in mind when I next have to order some.
  • Shipping was $9.80 flat rate Priority Mail for 3000 125s plus $2.00 insurance. Hope your mailman got a good Christmas tip.
  • I know we are all looking to save a little money these days, but we also have to think about our local gun shops like Mike at Dam road! Why not buy your bullets from him or other local shops??
    edited January 2009
    Dirt Pyle wrote on Jan 8 2009, 08&#58;42 AM:
    I know we are all looking to save a little money these days, but we also have to think about our local gun shops like Mike at Dam road! Why not buy your bullets from him or other local shops??
    <br />
    <br />
    Simple. He doesn't have any of what I need or I would.
  • Muddy Gap ShootistMuddy Gap Shootist SHOOTIST of the finest kind
    Don't recall the name of the guy but he lives out in Richland Center, just west of Madison. Contact E Z Munny (Roger Otterstein up in Lodi) and he can give you contact info and directions. I always bought my lead from him and he will make you exactly what you want...
  • Dam Road Mike can't find a lead supplier, he's going to try Missouri Bullet too.
  • The bullet maker that Ol' Muddy referred to is Wayne Doudna (608) 647-8070. I have gotten about 6000 rifle bullets from him (for my .45-90 and .32-40 Hi-Walls) and have been really happy with them. The email I have listed for him is wdoudna@hotmail.com - - Tell ya what, if some of you guys want to pool an order and get things arranged with him I'll go out there, pick them up and deliver them to somebody at a mutually arranged spot. (I just don't want to have to pay for them). I am going 'under the knife' on Feb 23 to get my bad right knee fixed up with stainless steel and nylon so I'll be out of the picture for a while but if anyone wants to go this route I can help. I just don't want to drive there for a couple of boxes but I can probably haul a few hundred pounds in my Crown Vic. Wayne Doudna is a good guy and like Muddy said -can make just about anything you want..
  • UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    edited January 2009
    This is who we've been getting our bullets from; with enough orders or a big enough order, I believe that he will show up at Plainfield; have to call him to be sure though.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    http://www.snscasting.com/index.html