Very Little Thats Fit to Print<br />
Version 1 ,Series 1, Number 2<br />
by Devereaux
<br />
<br />
<br />
Adopt a Table<br />
<br />
The Old West never would have been the Old West were it not for the gathering and support of one neighbor for another. It was common to have barn raising parties wherein the whole community spent days together getting someones barn raised and basically completed. Same when it came to harvests, to moving things, to collecting herds, and so forth.<br />
<br />
Well, we arent in the Old West any more, but the spirit survives. Last edition the Adopt-A-Table program was announced, wherein groups, or individuals, could pay for the construction of a loading/unloading table for the range. The response was overwhelming. People popped up from all over, gathering in groups, and supported the range, to the tune that pretty much all the tables have been adopted. What a response!<br />
<br />
At a time in our nations history when we have converted to a meritocracy, which seems to have little sense of responsibility to others, and no concept of honour and duty, patriotism to nation, it is so refreshing to find one has fallen in with AMERICANS, people who work hard, tell you the truth, help when asked, or even when it is clear to them that help is needed without the asking. Some may chortle over the fact that we wear boots and old western clothes, but it isnt what you wear, its who you are. And it is obvious who this group is one of the finest bunch of people one can hope to meet and know. <br />
<br />
The sincere gratitude of the Rough Riders as a whole, and each of us as individuals, goes out to all of you. Thank you.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Gun Regulations<br />
<br />
Well, the noise of discussion over the proposed changes in rules for legal guns has finally died down. We have been told that the proposed changes passed. This comes as somewhat of a surprise, considering the noise and objection heard around the wire and within our group. One wonders whether Chicago voting took place. Stalin is alleged to have once said that to vote is meaningless, but to control the ballot box, that is power.<br />
<br />
Now the issue is before the Wild Bunch. Being as how they are in reality autonomous, we await the results of their deliberations. One can consider all the voting as merely informative The WB can, and may, do whatever it desires on this issue. We can only sit here and await their response.<br />
<br />
And there WILL be a response. The Wild Bunch has apparently felt for some time that some kinds of restrictions are necessary on the blossoming area of modifications. One can say that it is human nature to tinker. It is certainly American nature to tinker. After all, it was John Browning tinkering on a napkin at his dining room table that led to the production of a neat single shot rifle whose rights were bought up by Winchester and became the Winchester 1885. On the other hand, the 19th century hardly had the hard steel that we have today, nor CNC machining, nor laser lay-out, nor Teflon bushings, nor miniature roller bearings, - nor plastic anything.<br />
<br />
The discussion amongst ourselves, then, ought to revolve around what do we want our sport to look like. There were a large variety of weaponry created in the time period we model, and some of it is just not suitable to what we do. For instance, there is no doubt that Mauser broomhandles were out west in the latter part of the period. They are, however, banned from use in our sport. By defining what our sport should look like, we will be better able to articulate what should and should not be allowed. And invariably someones favorite something will not be included.<br />
<br />
So lets keep the discussion going. Lets keep talking among ourselves, quietly, gentlemanly, with respect for each other. And when we can say that we have a consensus, lets pass it along to the Wild Bunch. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Wisconsin Gray (by Lawman Wolf)<br />
<br />
Well it was as bad as I expected it would be. Went out to the range today to pick up a couple of items for Dice and made it out ok. Found what I needed and locked everything up and then took a minute just to walk up and down the area - what a big mistake! It was cold and the wind was blowing and I started to shake, during which time you could hear the sound of gunfire, the clang of the targets being hit, the laughing and the jokes. You could envision the toilet paper sticking out of a shooters suspenders, the Halloween masks, and the smell of good food and gun powder mixed in the air. The camp fire softly burning near the jail, all of the rough riders scurrying around making magical things happen. All the kids helping out their parents who brought them into this sport and spending a few precious minutes on weekends all dressed up and ready to shoot. Then I noticed for a few minutes I wasn't shaking any more as I could hear DD and Dice giving their morning welcoming speeches as PTBW's flags fluttered thrrough the morning breeze. The cars kept coming in as more and more of our friends arrive and the entire area comes alive. Then another gust of wind came along and the cold air hit my face and all the targets were laying there lifeless, lonely, upon the frozen ground, and I started to shake again and walked back to my truck. But I knew that I would be ok again in April or May, when all the fantasy comes back to this magnificent place, but more importantly our friends will return. <br />
<br />
I'll be ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br />
<br />
The above was written by Wolf recently, and it seemed appropriate to share with all of you. We have taken the liberty to title it and do a touch of editing. Hopefully you will also find it enjoyable.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
And lastly.. there is a suggestion that we form a Toilet Paper Consumption Committee. Does anyone have any nominations for membership?

Comments