Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

Portal is gone

I wasn't going to say anything as the statistics show almost no body goes to the portal anymore. But minutes after I deleted it, Rio Jack spotted it missing. So much for my being clever!<br />
<br />
The portal - this version and the last - has never been given the attention it needed by the authors of the software (you'll notice that SASS who uses the same program doesn't use it). As a result it is a bitch to program to do what you want and has been a pain in the tush since day one. Yet I kept it up as there was nowhere else to put the information - mainly our sponsors and we can't forget about them! So now that I have the information available elsewhere, I deleted the portal and changed any links leading to it.<br />
<br />
If there is enough interest, there are other portal programs that will do the job nicely with much more information which we could buy and install. Let us know what you think!

Comments

• dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    edited January 2010
    I found a free one that seems to be pretty good. Like I said, if there is enough interest.............<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You can see one in use [url=&quot;http://www.unreal-solutions.org/&quot;]here.[/url] Of course it would be modified to our colors/layout/etc.
  • UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    'dd' wrote on &#39;10:
    <br />
    I found a free one that seems to be pretty good. Like I said, if there is enough interest.............<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    You can see one in use [url=&quot;http://www.unreal-solutions.org/&quot;]here.[/url] Of course it would be modified to our colors/layout/etc.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Den, I used the portal to get back to the "start" of the web site but, you seem to have most of the information already on the side of the screen when we go to "forums" so while it would be nice to have something extra the site already seems to have a lot of new things. Maybe wait a while 'til folks get used to the new design and then see if the portal would be used. Just my 3 cents worth.
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    [color="#800080"][size="4"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Man, I really miss the portal.<br />
    <br />
    SK[/font][/size][/color]