Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

April 24th Match / wild bunch

I will be setting up a 2 stage Wild Bunch match following lunch after our first match on April 24th. We will loosely follow SASS guidelines but allow some leeway for people who might not have the recommened weaponry. Remember this is for fun! Recommended pistols are 1911 Colts or Colt clones in .45 acp. You will need 2-3 magazines and lead ammo. Rifles are supposed to be a minimum of .40 cal. but we will allow some leeway with that till we see how things go. You will need a 97 winchester or clone. Take the plug out! This game is NOT Cowboy shooting. It is required in SASS rules to have a 160 power factor as this game is about managing recoil. a 160 power factor is only a 200 gr. bullet doing 800fps or a 230gr doing 700fps. there may or may not be targets requiring this to knock them down! We will be staging pistols and magazines on the props so holsters will not be required. Come join us for this new exciting variation of Shooting! Big Grit

Comments

• dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
    Great! That sounds like fun!clapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gifclapping.gif
  • [color="#0000FF"][size="4"][font="Comic Sans MS"]Sounds like fun.[/font][/size][/color]
  • I have a Colt M1991A1 auto, will that do? Does it need wood grips or are the factory rubber grips ok? This sounds like fun!
  • That will do just fine and probably be much closer to SASS specs than most. Grit
  • Excellent!
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
    edited March 2011
    How about my new toy? Well, it's not stretching the rules that much!<br />
    <br />
  • Looks good to me! If you can pick it off the table & shoulder it you can shoot it! grit
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    edited March 2011
    Probably would move the berm back 10 feet.<br />
    <br />
    But I think I can lift this one.<br />
    <br />
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    edited March 2011
    Love all that brass work!<br />
    <br />
    PS - Johnny, I just noticed your signature - is this what you have been doing?<br />
    <br />
  • 'Big wrote on &#39;01:
    <br />
    I will be setting up a 2 stage Wild Bunch match following lunch after our first match on April 24th. We will loosely follow SASS guidelines but allow some leeway for people who might not have the recommened weaponry. Remember this is for fun! Recommended pistols are 1911 Colts or Colt clones in .45 acp. You will need 2-3 magazines and lead ammo. Rifles are supposed to be a minimum of .40 cal. but we will allow some leeway with that till we see how things go. You will need a 97 winchester or clone. Take the plug out! This game is NOT Cowboy shooting. It is required in SASS rules to have a 160 power factor as this game is about managing recoil. a 160 power factor is only a 200 gr. bullet doing 800fps or a 230gr doing 700fps. there may or may not be targets requiring this to knock them down! We will be staging pistols and magazines on the props so holsters will not be required. Come join us for this new exciting variation of Shooting! Big Grit<br />
    <br />
    ===================================================================================================<br />
    Grit, this will be a blast, glad GGP is having a Wild Bunch using rifle too as some clubs don't.<br />
    As for the Power Factor.... IPSC is 160pf but SASS Wild Bunch has a 150 power factor. Page 11
  • Thanks Huck. I knew I had that # in my head from somewhere! Very little else in my head. Grit