Aug 10 Aug 25
Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

lookin for a loading strip

<div class="IPBDescription">anyone seen one?</div>I've been doing the Wild Bunch thing after our matches and have been thinking that I sure could use a loading strip for that. <br />
What I'm looking for is a loading strip with 10 .45 cal holders on one side and 6 12ga holders on the other. I thing this would be ideal. I have talked to Kirkpatrick Leather and they have no interest in making them. Bummer. <br />
I was wondering if anybody else would like the same thing, and if anybody knew of a source (Longtooth Maybe?)<br />
Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br />
<br />
Thanks Mike

Comments

• LongtoothLongtooth Rode hard and put away wet one to many times
    edited May 2012
    'StoneyMike' wrote on &#39;14:
    <br />
    I've been doing the Wild Bunch thing after our matches and have been thinking that I sure could use a loading strip for that. <br />
    What I'm looking for is a loading strip with 10 .45 cal holders on one side and 6 12ga holders on the other. I thing this would be ideal. I have talked to Kirkpatrick Leather and they have no interest in making them. Bummer. <br />
    I was wondering if anybody else would like the same thing, and if anybody knew of a source (Longtooth Maybe?)<br />
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br />
    <br />
    Thanks Mike<br />
    <br />
    Hi Mike, I'll make whatever you want. Just let me know what you would like.<br /><br />
    'Longtooth' wrote on &#39;15:
    <br />
    Hi Mike, I'll make whatever you want. Just let me know what you would like.<br />
    <br />
    Call me on my cell. 847-927-0664
  • UglyUgly Gunfighter With Way too Much Free Time
    'Longtooth' wrote on &#39;15:
    <br />
    Hi Mike, I'll make whatever you want. Just let me know what you would like.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Call me on my cell. 847-927-0664<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    [color="#0000FF"][size="4"][font="Comic Sans MS"]I saw one at the Ill. State W.B. Championship that was pretty much what you described Mike, in addition to what you stated there was also a loop that held one .45 magazine that you could use to put in your pistol, thereby leaving all your other magazines for mag changes during the course of fire. Again, I have no doubt that "Tooth" could make anything you require. Just a little suggestion that I thought was a nice extra touch.[/font][/size][/color]
  • well I'd be looking for two of them in black. how much we talking?
    Mike, Not sure if this is something you are going to wear or just have on the loading table. I'm designing at present a slide that fits over a 2.5 belt that will carry four magazines 6 shotgun shells and couple of loops for the rifle. I was thinking that if they ever have a reload for the rifle it would be a good idea to have a couple handy. If possible call me on my cell and we can discuss what you would like and then I can give you a ball park figure on the cost.
  • I was thinking of the type that I just took to the loading table. Two strips of leather one with the 10 .45 loops and another with the 6 12ga, joined back to back. With some provision for a leather cord so I could hang it from a hook on my cart.
    edited May 2012
    'StoneyMike' wrote on &#39;16:
    <br />
    I was thinking of the type that I just took to the loading table. Two strips of leather one with the 10 .45 loops and another with the 6 12ga, joined back to back. With some provision for a leather cord so I could hang it from a hook on my cart.<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    No problem, the only question I have is do you want the leather to go from one end of the shotgun shell to the other. The strip would be that wide. If not, and you don't mind the shotgun shells sticking out on each side I can make the strip smaller and the cost less. Predicated on what you decide I would think the the cost would be about 35.00 each for the smaller size version.
  • I think the smaller one would be great. It would be like the ones I have already for regular cowboy. <br />
    I would like two of them please, one in brown and one in black. Let me know how you want to arrange the details.<br />
    Thanks very much.<br />
    Mike
    'StoneyMike' wrote on &#39;17:
    <br />
    I think the smaller one would be great. It would be like the ones I have already for regular cowboy. <br />
    I would like two of them please, one in brown and one in black. Let me know how you want to arrange the details.<br />
    Thanks very much.<br />
    Mike<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Will make them this weekend. I don't get to shoot on Sat. so I'll make some arrangements with someone in my area and get them delivered to you. Thank you for thinking of me. <br />
    <br />
    Tooth
    'Longtooth' wrote on &#39;18:
    <br />
    Will make them this weekend. I don't get to shoot on Sat. so I'll make some arrangements with someone in my area and get them delivered to you. Thank you for thinking of me. <br />
    <br />
    Tooth<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Mike, Slides will be ready to ship on Monday unless you are going to the St. Jude shoot then I can give them to Big Grit. Let me know what would be convenient for you.