Hope to see you there!!

Quote without comment

ccrkba_header.png <br />
<br />
<br />
CHICAGO ANTI-GUN POL’S ARREST SHOWS TRUE GUN CONTROL HYPOCRISY, SAYS CCRKBA
<br />
<br />
BELLEVUE, WA – Today’s arrest of Illinois State Sen. Donne Trotter by authorities at O’Hare International Airport for having a gun in his carry-on bag is a revealing look at the hypocrisy of anti-gunners, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said.<br />
<br />
According to the Chicago Sun-Times, Trotter was arrested at a security checkpoint early this morning. A candidate for the 2nd Congressional District seat vacated recently by Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr., Trotter had a .25-caliber Beretta semiautomatic pistol in his bag. The Chicago Tribune said Trotter told police he worked late last night as a security guard and didn’t realize the pistol was in his bag.<br />
<br />
“Trotter is a South Side Democrat and he was a leader in the move to ban so-called ‘assault weapons’ during his first term as a state representative,” noted CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb. “A man who favored banning firearms for thousands of his fellow Illinois residents shouldn’t even have a gun, much less be packing one illegally into an airport.”<br />
<br />
Trotter has reportedly been charged with one count of attempting to board an airplane with a weapon, which is a Class 4 felony.<br />
<br />
“Senator Trotter, by his own action, has demonstrated the monumental hypocrisy of gun control advocates who try to disarm average citizens while reserving the right to bear arms for themselves alone,” Gottlieb observed. “He should not even be serving in the state legislature, much less be running for a seat in Congress, which already has its share of gun prohibition hypocrites.<br />
<br />
“Today’s incident underscores just how pathetic the anti-gun philosophy has gotten,” he concluded. “Perhaps now he will realize how other citizens feel when they run afoul of some anti-gun law or regulation. He should apologize to every gun owner in Illinois.” <br />
<br />
<br />
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email toInformationRequest@ccrkba.org.

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    A .25 caliber pea shooter, the favorite choice of all "security guards."<br />
    <br />
    Please remember that gun control is always about the other guy like Rosie when she hired armed guards (if only we could have banned the spoons to prevent her from becoming FAT.
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    Don't forget good 'ole Teddy Kennedy's private armed security guard who tried to bring a machine pistol into a Federal building.<br />
    <br />
    I'm still grateful Wisconsin voters replaced Diamond Jim Doyle with Scott Walker, who signed the Concealed Carry bill into law last year. I only hope enough Chicago voters get tired of the nights of gunfire and days of bullshit coming from the anti-gun Democratic Party machine and start cleaning house of anti-gun politicians blocking an Illinois concealed carry law.
    Ain't gonna hold my breath, but it would make me a tad more comfy on the days I go back and forth to the refiners with metal...
    "Assistant state's attorney Lorraine Scaduto said Trotter told police he left his job as a security guard late Tuesday and forgot the gun and ammunition were in his garment bag. The senator has a FOID card and was licensed to carry the weapon on his job. However, Scaduto told the court the gun was not registered in the City of Chicago." <br />
    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=8910565<br />
    <br />
    What's a little regulation among friends?<br />
    <br />
    "Trotter told Transportation Security Administration officers that he uses the weapon for work as a security officer at a Chicago security and detective firm. He said he worked late Tuesday night and did not realize the weapon was in the bag when he packed for his Wednesday morning flight, the police report said.<br />
    <br />
    Trotter was carrying a "firearm control card," issued by the Illinois Department of Financial and Professional Regulation, that allows him to carry a weapon during work hours and for no more than an hour commuting* to or from work. A department spokeswoman said a security company helped Trotter obtain the card.<br />
    <br />
    The card is issued after completion of 20 hours of classroom firearm instruction and 20 hours of firearm handling training."<br />
    http://www.sj-r.com/thedome/x1665845203/State-Sen-Donne-Trotter-faces-felony-weapons-charge<br />
    <br />
    What's a little couple of regulations among friends?<br />
    <br />
    Maybe there will be an opening for a security guard position in the near future and you get a permit. Imagine showing up for weapons training with your SASS arsenal.<br />
    <br />
    Snidely<br />
    <br />
    * What? Commuting by commercial airlines isn't covered by the permit??
    from: http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/51590<br />
    <br />
    Donne Trotter claimed that he is a “security guard” for a company called Allpoints (also called All Points Security). This is why he needed the .25 caliber pistol, said the lawmaker. But does he have such a job?<br />
    <br />
    First of all, Trotter was in Springfield in session all day long. Are we to believe he was in the State Senate chambers all day then ran off to Chicago to be a “security guard,” then ran to O’Hare to catch a flight to Washington D.C.? The timeline is rather suspect, wouldn’t you think?<br />
    <br />
    Then, Donne Trotter does not once mention this “job” in his financial disclosure. How can you have such a job without mentioning it as part of your annual income stream?<br />
    <br />
    Now, if you go to the Illinois State Board of Elections contribution search webpage and put “allpoints” in the last name search feild, you’ll find that this company donates exclusively to Democrats. (A similar search spelling it “All Points” also shows Democrat contributions)<br />
    <br />
    Of course, it is a typically amusing Chicago hypocrisy we see at work here, too. Trotter, you see, is a big gun grabber, a virulent hater of the U.S. Constitution. He is one of the important co-sponsors of Democrat Governor Pat Quinn’s newest gun grabbing legislation… yet here Trotter is with a gun concealed in his luggage.<br />
    <br />
    So, he’s another one of those creeps that want to take guns from you and me, but thinks he is smarter than the rest of us and deserves to have a gun when we shouldn’t be allowed to.<br />
    <br />
    But let me tell you what this “security guard” job claim really is. It is simply a lie. Trotter is not now and has never been a “security guard.” What we are seeing is that All Points Security gave trotter a fake job so that the lawmaker could legally carry a gun in a state where he’s trying to make sure no one else is allowed to do the same.<br />
    <br />
    This is a sham “job,” a political favor, arranged solely so that hypocrite Trotter can have a gun as he attempts to deny the rest of us the same legal right to carry.
    I'm shocked! <br />
    <br />
    Yes, just shocked by the things that you've posted!!!
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    'jeweler wrote:
    <br />
    I'm shocked! <br />
    <br />
    Yes, just shocked by the things that you've posted!!!<br />
    <br />
    <br />
    Shocked? How can you be shocked? Just another normal day in the Peoples Republic of Illinois.
  • Saguaro KidSaguaro Kid Stick It In Your Ear
    I'm with JJ. I can't believe that this is being done by our duly elected officials. I sure hope this doesn't jeopardize his chances to slide into Jesse Jr's seat. Would be a pity. <br />
    <br />
    SK