How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

ISRA Thursday Bulletin

dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
israemblem.JPG ISRA Thursday Bulletin<br />
5/2/2013<br />
<br />
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR’S MESSAGE <br />
I have had several calls and emails asking what I think the result of Lisa Madigan’s request for an extension of the deadline to appeal the Seventh Circuit’s decision to the United States Supreme court will be. In my opinion it does nothing. The clock is ticking toward the June 9th deadline. The next step will come in Springfield next week. Probably a week from today. This means that the rest of this week and all of next week we will need your support in Springfield. You should have received, or soon will receive cards in the mail. Please fill them out as requested and mail them in right away. On Tuesday the legislature will be back in Springfield so direct your calls to their Springfield office. <br />
This week is the NRA Annual Meeting in Houston, Texas. I will have the privilege of being there representing the ISRA. Stay tuned for news from the main street media and their NRA bashing coverage. There will be 60,000 or 70,000 NRA members attending yet the media will cover the 6 or 7 protesters who show up. This is just par for the course. <br />
<br />
Please check your email for any bulletins frequently. <br />
<br />
Thank you for being a member. <br />
Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director
<br />
At The Range (Upcoming)
<br />
In the News
<br />
Violent night: 3 dead, at least 16 wounded in shootings across city <br />
<br />
THE MADIGANS ARE PLAYING POLITICS WITH YOUR FAMILY'S SECURITY <br />
Illinois County Public Housing Gun Ban Repealed, Following Second Amendment Foundation Lawsuit<br />
<br />
Magpul stops making gun magazines in Colorado<br />
<br />
On Target Radio, WIND Radio 560 “Listen Live”9pm to 10pm Sunday Night 5/4 <br />
<br />
Legislative
<br />
ILLINOIS SENATE TO TRY TO SNEAK BAD CARRY BILL THROUGH THE BACK DOOR<br />
<br />
Urge Your State Representative to Oppose House Bill 2265<br />
<br />
Bill Status of HB1155 <br />
Bill Status of HB1156 <br />
Bill Status of HB997 <br />
District/Official Search Page <br />
Gun Shows<br />
(Check our calendar for more details! <br />
Toledo Gun and Knife Show May 4 – 5 Toledo American legion Toledo, IL <br />
Rushville Gun Show May 11 – 12 Schuyler County Fair Grounds Rushville , IL <br />
Kane County Gun Show May 12 Kane County Fairgrounds St. Charles, IL <br />
Notices
<br />
Bloomberg’s MAIG has made major inroads in Illinois. Check to see if your mayor is on the list of members. Contact them and encourage them to oppose his organization. <br />
What has the ISRA done to support your firearm rights? Has anyone ever asked you this? Click here! Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today!

Comments

• jeweler jimjeweler jim Posse Whipping Boy
    [font=times new roman,times,serif]I could be wrong. I usually am, but shouldn't we now be hoping they pass nothing at all? Wouldn't that give us unliminted carry as of the June 9th deadline? How about we start telling all our legislators to drag their feet and prevent passage of anything.[/font]
  • Wrangler RichWrangler Rich Bronc Stomper
    That is what my rep ~ Tom Demmer told us at a town hall meeting about 6 weeks ago. You can bet the Dems aren't going to let the deadline pass without getting some type of legislation and filing fees.
  • Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If they don't pass any law, I wonder what that would mean for out-of-state visitors? Would "anything goes" pertain to us as well? Perhaps someone should take a picture of me at the next match, caption it with my new handle, Cheesehead Caballero, and send copies to Springfield and Cook County.[/font] Maybe they'd be more amenable to a reasonable law.