dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
sky-banner_email.jpg <br />
<br />
URGENT ALERT – YOUR ACTION REQUIRED: <br />
CALL YOUR SENATORS NOW - OPPOSE SB1002
<br />
<br />
<br />
SB1002 is now on the move - Call your Senators now as most are currently in the office! Politely tell them to oppose the magazine ban SB1002. If you do not know who your State Senator is, please look them up here! <br />
The time is now to call.
<br />
Please make a donation on-line here , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. If you would like to mail or fax a donation, we have a printable form here . <br />
<br />
If you're not an ISRA member, now is the time. You can join on-line , or over the phone at 815-635-3198. You can download a printable application form here .

Comments

• Snidely WhiplashSnidely Whiplash A legend in his own mind.
    edited May 2013
    When I saw the topic I jumped in ready to defend The American Rifleman, American Handgunner, Shooting Times, Guns Magazine, Shotgun News, Soldier of Fortune, Reader's Digest, Mad Magazine...<br />
    <br />
    I see they learned from the NY screw-up and exempted law enforcement:<br />
    (1) This Section does not apply to or affect any of the<br />
    12 following:<br />
    13 (1) Peace officers as defined in Section 2-13 of this<br />
    14 Code and retired peace officers not otherwise prohibited<br />
    15 from receiving a firearm, in possession of a large capacity<br />
    16 ammunition feeding device transferred to the retired peace<br />
    17 officer by his or her law enforcement agency upon<br />
    18 retirement.
    <br />
    <br />
    That sounds like a great opportunity for a pro-gun sheriff. "Last night some varmint stole my 'Biden for President' lawn sign, so I'm deputizing as many CCW permit holders as would like to apply, allowing you all to carry 50 round drum magazines, if you'd care to, while in the pursuit of justice. Of course, the deputization will last only until my sign is found (I scratched a secret identifying number on it) or for as long as I'm in office - so don't forget to vote. Additional information is available next to the donation bucket at my campaign headquarters."<br />
    <br />
    They also exempted .22 rimfire tubular magazines:<br />
    1 "Large capacity ammunition feeding device" does not<br />
    2 include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and<br />
    3 capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition
    <br />
    <br />
    If Kel-Tec ever catches up on sales of the PMR-30 pistol and KSG bullpup shotgun, I see another opportunity. Imagine a .22LR or .22WMR rifle or long-barreled pistol with a fixed multi-chambered tubular magazine - kind of like a Gatling gun, but with a single barrel and multiple magazine tubes. Something made with plastics and alloys to keep the weight down. Or suppose they redesigned the action and grip of their PMR-30 to accept dual separate 10-round magazines and feed from both of them?<br />
    <br />
    Snidely Whiplash
  • dddd Gnome, gnome on the range&#33;
    It failed to pass.