Sept 14 Sept 22
Oct 12 Oct 27
Nov 9 (???)

Registration 8 A.M. Safety meeting 8:45

How to Get to the Dry Gulch Ranch Cowboy Range

Hope to see you there!!

On again, off again!

dddd Gnome, gnome on the range!
In regards to the first paragraph below, some instructors did indeed have their application status moved to "Approved" but all of a sudden today they were reverted back to "Under Review". The NRA Illinois lobbyist looked into it and it seems that LE training for CCW has not been completed and they were concerned about sending out licenses without the training complete. Further, once approved, an expiration date was set and the clock was ticking on unissued licenses. The solution was to revert all back to "Under Review" and reboot.<br />
<br />
Well, this is Illinois. You expected something else?<br />
<br />
17.gif <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
ISRA Thursday Bulletin - January 23
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR'S MESSAGE[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The first permits for concealed carry have been approved. Those were issued to instructors who were the first to apply. The approval came through 30 days after the application was submitted online. I don't know how long it will take to receive the permit, but my guess is that they will be on the way in short order. Despite all the "nay sayers", it looks like things are moving along. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]While at the Shooting Hunting Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) I saw three really interesting concealed carry pistols. Remington has a "new" 9mm pistol designed with concealed carry in mind. When I say "new", I am using the term loosely. The pistol known as the R51 was designed by John Pederson before WWI and was produced in 1917 by Remington. The R51 has been updated with new material. The recoil spring surrounds the barrel making the bore really low for recoil control. Look for it to be shipped in late February, 2014. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The second was a Glock 42. This is Glock's first entry into the US .380 caliber market. It was the usual Glock but shrunk to a small size, and it looked and felt good. Glock has made pistols in .380 caliber for the European market for years, so they do have experience with the .380 caliber. The Glock model 42 is hitting dealer shelves now. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The last gun I looked at was the Walther PK380 in the .380 caliber. The PK380 is not all that small, but it is small enough. The big advantage I see is that the slide is easy to pull back; this is a feature that is important for ladies. The .380 caliber has come a long way in recent years. I believe it is adequate as long as modern self-defense rounds are used, such as Hornaday Critical Defense, to name one of several. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Next week, the Spring 2014 Legislative Session begins, and I imagine we will see a lot of action. If you have not renewed your membership, please do so today. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]IGOLD is on Wednesday, March 5, 2014. Plan to be there. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Thank you for being a member. [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Richard Pearson<br />
ISRA Executive Director
[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]At The Range (Upcoming)[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]KCC CCL Classes 1/25[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Devon Mckeown 1/26[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Willie Campbell CCL 1/26[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]In the News[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]RALLY AGAINST CONCEALED CARRY CANCELLED BY ORGANIZERS[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]The Shoulder Thing That Goes Up: State Senator Kevin de Leon (CA) UPDATE[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Collectors work crowds at gun buyback events for rare finds[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Mom's Demanding 'Action' To Silence Free Speech[/font]<br />
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]ISRA Academy[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] AR15 - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Jan 25 [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] AK47, SKS, Moisin-Nagant - Care and Maintenance - Chatsworth - Feb 1 [/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] AK47, SKS, Moisin-Nagant - Care and Maintenance - Bonfield - Feb 8 [/font] <br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Legislative[/font]
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]CCW Prior Training Credit[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Concealed Carry Fireams Instructor Information[/font]<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]District/Official Search Page[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Gun Shows<br />
(Check our calendar for more details![/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Princeton Gun Show Jan 25 & 26 Bureau County Fairgrounds Princeton, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Paris American Legion Gun Show Jan 25 - 26 Paris, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Woodstock Gun Show Jan 26 240 N. Throop Street Woodstock, IL[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Notices[/font]
<br />
<br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Illinois State Police (ISP) concealed carry license (CCL) information[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif]What has the ISRA done to support your firearm rights? Has anyone ever asked you this? Click here![/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] Follow the ISRA on Twitter and Facebook.[/font] <br />
[font=Arial, sans-serif] [/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]Give the gift of an ISRA membership. Not an ISRA Member? Join Today![/font]